"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #1661
Executive Chef

Kicking back, keeping up with the new posts on DC and drinking my morning cup of Cafe Mocha.

Life is good!

Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #1662
Chef Extraordinaire

Wathching Jaques Pepin on his new show while drinking my first cup of coffee. And I think my cold has started to turn the corner. I am on the second half on my fourteen days of my cold.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #1663
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Wathching Jaques Pepin on his new show while drinking my first cup of coffee. And I think my cold has started to turn the corner. I am on the second half on my fourteen days of my cold.

I enjoy his show!

He has so much training and experience that he cooks as effortlessly and naturally as most people breathe.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #1664
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I enjoy his show!

He has so much training and experience that he cooks as effortlessly and naturally as most people breathe.
For a number of years he headed and taught at Boston University in their Culinary School. He always had a waiting list of students who wanted to learn from him. Great teacher. Lots of patience with the students. He stood by when his students made mistakes and learn from them. Then he would go back in and show them what they did wrong and the right way to do it. He is also very free with praise when you do it right. Excellent teacher.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #1665
Chef Extraordinaire

i see a cup of coffee in the next half hour. starting to drag. few odds and ends in housework. mostly just picking up the house. thomas knocked several stacks of fabric out of the cabinet, i keep it in. pick up and refold. he sleeps in the cabinet during the day. knit a bit and of course read.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #1666
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, I tried to rest. Read one page of my book. Couldn't concentrate. So I got up, made a cup of coffee, checked the pot roast. I have some dishes and silverware in the sink that needs to be cleaned. I think I will take care of that. I haven't been out of my apartment for more than two weeks now. I need to get downstairs and check my mailbox before the mailman reports me for having a stuffed mail box. There is nothing wrong with having a stuffed mail box, but they are trained to take notice when elderly don't pick up their mail. It is usually a sign that something is wrong. I have gone paperless and don't get any mail at all at the end of the month. Mostly junk mail. But that can build up fast.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #1667
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i see a cup of coffee in the next half hour. starting to drag. few odds and ends in housework. mostly just picking up the house. thomas knocked several stacks of fabric out of the cabinet, i keep it in. pick up and refold. he sleeps in the cabinet during the day. knit a bit and of course read.
I hope Thomas is one of your four legged friends.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #1668
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, I tried to rest. Read one page of my book. Couldn't concentrate. So I got up, made a cup of coffee, checked the pot roast. I have some dishes and silverware in the sink that needs to be cleaned. I think I will take care of that. I haven't been out of my apartment for more than two weeks now. I need to get downstairs and check my mailbox before the mailman reports me for having a stuffed mail box. There is nothing wrong with having a stuffed mail box, but they are trained to take notice when elderly don't pick up their mail. It is usually a sign that something is wrong. I have gone paperless and don't get any mail at all at the end of the month. Mostly junk mail. But that can build up fast.
Addie,

Where my mom lived the residents association made door tags similar to the do not disturb signs in a hotel. If you did not reach out and flip it by a certain time each day they would send a posse after you. It kept everyone griping, so that they knew they were ok!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #1669
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I've been trying to find out what this Inspect Element Q is on my Firefox browser. Google doesn't direct me to any site that explains it. Most of the selections are just confusing.

Does anyone know what this is and why I should have the option when I right click?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #1670
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I've been trying to find out what this Inspect Element Q is on my Firefox browser. Google doesn't direct me to any site that explains it. Most of the selections are just confusing.

Does anyone know what this is and why I should have the option when I right click?
That menu item is a route to a debugging tool that is used by Developers and programmers to avoid buggy Java script using Opera Dragonfly. "Item Q" is whatever object is selected for Opera Dragonfly to debug. Here's a link to a description of Opera Dragonfly:

Opera Dragonfly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia