"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #1661
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Kicking back, keeping up with the new posts on DC and drinking my morning cup of Cafe Mocha.

Life is good!
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #1662
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,034
Wathching Jaques Pepin on his new show while drinking my first cup of coffee. And I think my cold has started to turn the corner. I am on the second half on my fourteen days of my cold.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #1663
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Wathching Jaques Pepin on his new show while drinking my first cup of coffee. And I think my cold has started to turn the corner. I am on the second half on my fourteen days of my cold.

I enjoy his show!

He has so much training and experience that he cooks as effortlessly and naturally as most people breathe.
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #1664
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I enjoy his show!

He has so much training and experience that he cooks as effortlessly and naturally as most people breathe.
For a number of years he headed and taught at Boston University in their Culinary School. He always had a waiting list of students who wanted to learn from him. Great teacher. Lots of patience with the students. He stood by when his students made mistakes and learn from them. Then he would go back in and show them what they did wrong and the right way to do it. He is also very free with praise when you do it right. Excellent teacher.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #1665
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
i see a cup of coffee in the next half hour. starting to drag. few odds and ends in housework. mostly just picking up the house. thomas knocked several stacks of fabric out of the cabinet, i keep it in. pick up and refold. he sleeps in the cabinet during the day. knit a bit and of course read.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #1666
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,034
Well, I tried to rest. Read one page of my book. Couldn't concentrate. So I got up, made a cup of coffee, checked the pot roast. I have some dishes and silverware in the sink that needs to be cleaned. I think I will take care of that. I haven't been out of my apartment for more than two weeks now. I need to get downstairs and check my mailbox before the mailman reports me for having a stuffed mail box. There is nothing wrong with having a stuffed mail box, but they are trained to take notice when elderly don't pick up their mail. It is usually a sign that something is wrong. I have gone paperless and don't get any mail at all at the end of the month. Mostly junk mail. But that can build up fast.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #1667
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,875
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i see a cup of coffee in the next half hour. starting to drag. few odds and ends in housework. mostly just picking up the house. thomas knocked several stacks of fabric out of the cabinet, i keep it in. pick up and refold. he sleeps in the cabinet during the day. knit a bit and of course read.
I hope Thomas is one of your four legged friends.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #1668
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, I tried to rest. Read one page of my book. Couldn't concentrate. So I got up, made a cup of coffee, checked the pot roast. I have some dishes and silverware in the sink that needs to be cleaned. I think I will take care of that. I haven't been out of my apartment for more than two weeks now. I need to get downstairs and check my mailbox before the mailman reports me for having a stuffed mail box. There is nothing wrong with having a stuffed mail box, but they are trained to take notice when elderly don't pick up their mail. It is usually a sign that something is wrong. I have gone paperless and don't get any mail at all at the end of the month. Mostly junk mail. But that can build up fast.
Addie,

Where my mom lived the residents association made door tags similar to the do not disturb signs in a hotel. If you did not reach out and flip it by a certain time each day they would send a posse after you. It kept everyone griping, so that they knew they were ok!
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #1669
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
I've been trying to find out what this Inspect Element Q is on my Firefox browser. Google doesn't direct me to any site that explains it. Most of the selections are just confusing.

Does anyone know what this is and why I should have the option when I right click?
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #1670
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I've been trying to find out what this Inspect Element Q is on my Firefox browser. Google doesn't direct me to any site that explains it. Most of the selections are just confusing.

Does anyone know what this is and why I should have the option when I right click?
That menu item is a route to a debugging tool that is used by Developers and programmers to avoid buggy Java script using Opera Dragonfly. "Item Q" is whatever object is selected for Opera Dragonfly to debug. Here's a link to a description of Opera Dragonfly:

Opera Dragonfly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.