"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #16731
Master Chef

DVRing it, there is no way I can stay awake until it's over. Just saw J. Bissett - yes, she looks great - I noticed they tried to cut her speech short with the music, but she wasn't done yet.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:22 AM   #16732
Master Chef

Hitting the sack and hoping it doesn't hit back. I start reading here and the next thing I know....... *yawn* G'night/Good Morning!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #16733
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Hitting the sack and hoping it doesn't hit back. I start reading here and the next thing I know....... *yawn* G'night/Good Morning!
Hitting the sack?
And here I thought you were up early and going to join me for coffee
Old 01-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #16734
Chef Extraordinaire

I woke up at 5:45 this morning. The Pirate was here last night to watch Downton Abby with me. As soon as it was over, he went to sleep. He got called into work yesterday. They had two broken pipes. Since he is the one with the plumbing experience, they called him.

Right now I am very sleepy again and think I will head back to bed. I need to talk the building manager this morning. Hope I wake up from just a short nap that I am going to take.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #16735
Chef Extraordinaire

Downton Abbey... I think I will go to Amazon and stream last night's episode. That should keep me busy for a while.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #16736
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm trying to wake up enough to get ready to go to the doctor. It's for my annual exam.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #16737
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
React? She doesn't walk up to it or anything, and she does not growl or bark at things yet, but her eyes are intent and her head moves following stuff. She's definitely watching it and paying attention.

I just finished making cole slaw. It took longer to get the FP out of the cupboard and rinse off the parts for the DW than it did to shred up the foods.

Of all our 5 dogs we've had, we only had one that noticed the TV and I only recall her doing it once. There was a show on about some type of rescue dog and they showed the handler walk off stage with the dog, and my Missy walked over and looked around to the back of the TV, wondering where that dog went. It was so cute.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #16738
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm trying to wake up enough to get ready to go to the doctor. It's for my annual exam.

Good luck! I hope he doesn't find anything!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #16739
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Of all our 5 dogs we've had, we only had one that noticed the TV and I only recall her doing it once. There was a show on about some type of rescue dog and they showed the handler walk off stage with the dog, and my Missy walked over and looked around to the back of the TV, wondering where that dog went. It was so cute.
I had a dog a while ago that watched anything to do with water. If he heard or saw water he was right in front of the TV. I'd have to tell him to move and he would scoot over alongside it. I often wondered if that is what caused him to go cross-eyed, because he wasn't when he was a puppy. I even took him to an optomologist. They didn't know what caused it either.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #16740
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Downton Abbey... I think I will go to Amazon and stream last night's episode. That should keep me busy for a while.
No spoiler here. But last night's episode was a really good one. Have at it. You will not regret it.