"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #16761
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Gee, I had beg for an abdominal binder after my surgery. Makes it so much easier to turn in bed and climb stairs.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:01 AM   #16762
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh, okay, so it is a good thing. Then I will take it! I definitely need help turning in bed without surgery! Thanks, PF for setting me straight on that one!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 AM   #16763
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Oh, okay, so it is a good thing. Then I will take it! I definitely need help turning in bed without surgery! Thanks, PF for setting me straight on that one!
It absolutely made the difference between being hauled out of bed by Shrek on his time or getting in and out on mine. You just have an arrogant surgeon to put it in his interest instead of yours about your surgery.

The binder also helped when coughing and/or laughing.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:32 AM   #16764
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It absolutely made the difference between being hauled out of bed by Shrek on his time or getting in and out on mine. You just have an arrogant surgeon to put it in his interest instead of yours about your surgery.

I do a lot of both!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:52 AM   #16765
Senior Cook

I should be in bed sleeping, but I'm wide awake

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #16766
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have to wait to watch Blacklist - TB gave up on it after the second episode because it was too gross....and now it is worse? I can take it!

I saw the surgeon and the gallbladder is definitely coming out. I have to phone in the morning for my surgery date. In the meantime I have to really watch my diet. I ate a bit of wrong stuff and the pain got worse. He said that it is bad enough, he doesn't want the stones (yes there are stones, not just sludge as the ER doc told me) moving out.

The surgeon is nice enough, but kind of ticked me off because he focused on the fact I am overweight and he wants me to be careful after not to rip his stitches out. I said I don't move fast at the best of times and he told me he could prescribe a surgical girdle for afterwords. No thanks, I know how to be careful and I am not THAT overweight in my belly area.
Oh dear! I'll be thinking of you, Laurie. I hope you'll be out of this pain very soon!

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 AM   #16767
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

I'm glad it's helping you, Ogress. Take care of yourself!

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #16768
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh dear! I'll be thinking of you, Laurie. I hope you'll be out of this pain very soon!

With love,
~Cat
I will be Cat, thanks. It is a very easy surgery and I get to go home the same day. Most people I have talked to have been pain free after the surgery heals.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:44 AM   #16769
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I finally found out what the incident was on the autoroute, the one that had them close part of the highway.

A chunk of concrete fell off an overpass. It hit one car, and the debris caused a number of flat tires. Luckily, no one was injured. That's scary.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #16770
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffiffeezz View Post
I should be in bed sleeping, but I'm wide awake

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.
I'm awake too. I went back to school, and found out my remedial English professor said I didn't need her class any more! She said I'd made much improvement but she also said if I had any questions or needed help, her door was open and she would give me all the help I needed!

So I only have two classes this time. I can't take on a full load of classes for I have to attend to DA, but the University allows people like me to do this.

I fall under the category of those such as single mothers where we can only have a certain time for classes when there are responsibilities elsewhere.

Mamma bought me so very many nice clothes for school! One is my favorite: it's a below-the-knee black heavy wool coat I can wear with my good clothes! It has a nice lining and it's so warm! Laki knitted me a beautiful dark purple scarf with fringe at both ends for Christmas and a matching hat. These look so very nice with my new coat!

I came here with a heavy black wool long cape with a hood, which I also love. Last winter, people looked at me oddly and asked where I got it. A few people liked it, but most did not and said so. I'll take turns wearing both so as to drive those who find fault with me nuts.

I received many compliments on my ring, and Carl is proud. It's very nice to have such a good boyfriend!

I've finished my journal entry, wrote a letter to Papa, and completed my homework. Tomorrow I don't have class, but I do on Wednesday.

It's back to normal now, except for Mamma still being here, and I'm so very grateful I'll have more time with her!

With love,
~Cat