"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #16871
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I just got back from the store a little while ago, too.
I had to go into the animal hospital to pick up Pierce's script for the seizures he just started (as far as I know) having, so stopped at the store on my way home. I was just going to stop at the meat market, but they were closed for vacation, so I stopped at Giant Eagle and spent more than I intended.
Yeah, I went out for butter, kleenex and Shrek's supplement last night and spent way more than I intended. I got a new pair of shoes out of it, though.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #16872
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yeah, I went out for butter, kleenex and Shrek's supplement last night and spent way more than I intended. I got a new pair of shoes out of it, though.
Same store?
Costco?
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #16873
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Same store?
Costco?
Costco and two Walmarts...as the supplement is popular and hard to find in just one place. I ended up with all sorts of things.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #16874
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,089
Went out to pick up the mail, we got about an inch of snow that covered up the ice. Gave a whole new meaning to slip sliding away. I'm gonna have to put on the Yak Traks, it's a real surprise with every step.

Please be careful out there!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #16875
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,925
I am going through cruise info - it looks like we are finally going to take the "plunge" this year. We are hoping to get something that is Vancouver to Vancouver so I don't have to deal with planes, hotels, etc. We can settle in our room for 7 to 10 days and relax.

We are looking at mid September, and so far the best choices are a 7 day to Alaska and a 10 day down the West Coast to San Francisco, LA and back.

This may or may not delay my going to the east coast this spring to see my nephew and his wife in Toronto and then go to Boston to research my family tree. Again, it has a lot to do with how well I will travel.

Anyway, the cruise research is exciting!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #16876
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Sounds fun LP!

I'm considering if I should go for my walk before or after I shower...I wish the rehab gym was open on the weekends.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #16877
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am going through cruise info - it looks like we are finally going to take the "plunge" this year. We are hoping to get something that is Vancouver to Vancouver so I don't have to deal with planes, hotels, etc. We can settle in our room for 7 to 10 days and relax.

We are looking at mid September, and so far the best choices are a 7 day to Alaska and a 10 day down the West Coast to San Francisco, LA and back.

This may or may not delay my going to the east coast this spring to see my nephew and his wife in Toronto and then go to Boston to research my family tree. Again, it has a lot to do with how well I will travel.

Anyway, the cruise research is exciting!
Everyone I've talked to who's taken it has raved about the Alaska cruise.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #16878
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Sounds fun LP!

I'm considering if I should go for my walk before or after I shower...I wish the rehab gym was open on the weekends.
Why don't you and Shrek come up to Vancouver and we can sneak you into our room - I have to have an outside cabin of fair size because of my claustrophobia and if we take the 10 day, the one we picked has a sofa bed in it - no one would notice a couple of ogres running around the ship!

As for showering before or after your walk, I love to get my walk out of the way first thing, have a nice hot shower and then get ready for the day, even though it is half over by this time!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #16879
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Everyone I've talked to who's taken it has raved about the Alaska cruise.
I'm just worried about weather in the middle of September - cold, rainy and also rough seas. I don't get seasick, but strangely enough the vibrations bother my knee replacement quite seriously. I have had it on the ferries to Vancouver Island a few times.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #16880
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Why don't you and Shrek come up to Vancouver and we can sneak you into our room - I have to have an outside cabin of fair size because of my claustrophobia and if we take the 10 day, the one we picked has a sofa bed in it - no one would notice a couple of ogres running around the ship!
LOL!!! I bet they would notice us...depends on when you are going and if I can get the time off. My bosses are going to consider this a vacation for me...even though it is really sick time. I'll be on the bottom of the first choice vacation list.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.