"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #16981
Certified Cake Maniac

PF, what do the letters actually stand for? Forgive my not knowing.

Good to hear about your wound being okay as well.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #16982
Certified Cake Maniac

TB just called from work. They caught the guy who sabotaged the gas pump and the station owner is pressing charges so TB doesn't need to be involved at all. This is such a relief! His hand is still very sore and he is driving with a gloves on so it is protected and not so noticeable. I am so proud of him through this whole ordeal.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #16983
Master Chef

Glad they caught that guy L.P.! Hopefully anyone who heard about that pump sabotage and had ideas of trying it themselves are now afraid of getting caught themselves. Hope TB's hand stops hurting soon and heals quickly.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #16984
Chef Extraordinaire

That's amazing, LP. How did they catch him without video? Did someone turn him in when it made the news? How old was he. If you don't know call them and ask. lol

Today I started the procedures to "rust blue" a pistol I made. Cold rust bluing is how they used to blue way back when. It is supposed to be more durable and look better, so we'll see.
It's a lengthy procedure and requires a lot of work and care, which is why they don't do it anymore.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #16985
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
TB just called from work. They caught the guy who sabotaged the gas pump and the station owner is pressing charges so TB doesn't need to be involved at all. This is such a relief! His hand is still very sore and he is driving with a gloves on so it is protected and not so noticeable. I am so proud of him through this whole ordeal.
Now that is good news.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #16986
Certified Pretend Chef

GS is doing his homework as I sit here and monitor his reading. I happy that I can keep up with his homework as he is now in the first grade.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #16987
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
PF, what do the letters actually stand for? Forgive my not knowing.

Good to hear about your wound being okay as well.
Resident Assessment Coordinator - Certified...it will go after RN - BSN

PrincessFiona60 RN - BSN, RAC-CT...I'm going to get tired of signing all that
Old 01-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #16988
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That's amazing, LP. How did they catch him without video? Did someone turn him in when it made the news? How old was he. If you don't know call them and ask. lol

Today I started the procedures to "rust blue" a pistol I made. Cold rust bluing is how they used to blue way back when. It is supposed to be more durable and look better, so we'll see.
It's a lengthy procedure and requires a lot of work and care, which is why they don't do it anymore.
If you can believe it, he left finger prints on the metal strip - just fragments but enough and he was in their system. Though she isn't working now with her cancer, that's what my sister does for the RCMP and would have worked on this one!

I haven't heard the motive yet. We are just glad that it is over for us. TB has given a statement that will be used in court. As for age, I have no idea, but I believe he must be an adult. I will probably see it on the news.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #16989
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
That's great LP!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #16990
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you can believe it, he left finger prints on the metal strip - just fragments but enough and he was in their system. Though she isn't working now with her cancer, that's what my sister does for the RCMP and would have worked on this one!

I haven't heard the motive yet. We are just glad that it is over for us. TB has given a statement that will be used in court. As for age, I have no idea, but I believe he must be an adult. I will probably see it on the news.
There's your Mounties for ya.
Around here a bunch or cars got broken into and the police didn't even bother to dust for fingerprints because they said there would be too many. You would think the perps' prints would be the top ones.
And how many prints do you think were on the pump nozzle compared to a car with maybe one driver? (rhetorical)
Damn fine bit of police work