What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go Green!

I thought I'd start a thread about nothing (ala Seinfeld ;)).
I know there are times I do something and have no one to share it with, no matter how mundane. And I don't do the FB thing, all though I certainly get spammed enough from them. Probably from someone's email list that I'm on :rolleyes:
So if you join in fine, if you read along fine, if you put this thread on your ignore list, well that's fine, too :LOL:

So tonight I'll be "doing" this.

View attachment 11380

I found this sucker under the eave of my chicken coop when I went to check on their water. I'm lucky I didn't bump the coop with the lawn mower earlier today :ohmy: It's quite active, but I'm hoping to deactivate it after it gets dark :mrgreen:

Paint the ceiling of your outside ceilings green. It is the one color that stinging critters don't go for. Do you know of any green flower that has nectar in it?

Oh, and for those of you who might get stung unintentionally, a paste of MSG will take the sting away immediately and loosen the stinger. My daughter called me sobbing with pain one summer day. I gave her the remedy and now I am the godess of all the world. I have finally convinced her that "Mothers, not fathers, do know everything." :chef:

Last edited:
Spent the better part of the day wrapping Christmas presents and packing the boxes that need to be shipped, printed out the USPS shipping labels and have the boxes by the door ready to take to the post office.

I was quite surprised at the difference in cost between USPS and UPS to ship these packages. I did everything online and was pleased to discover that the postal service offers a 15% discount if you pay for and print your postage using their online service. Well, there's no downside to this.

All said and done, instead to having to go to UPS and pay $40 to ship my boxes, I did it sitting in my comfy chair and paid $24 to do it. Yeah! I'm a happy camper.

Two more boxes to ship and there's no question which route I'll take.

And the best part is, you don't even have to go to the post office to get them in the mail. Just notify them via email and your mailman will make a stop and pick them up for you. I have been doing this for years.:chef:

So I am sitting here wondering if I should call my son to let him know that he is going to take me to Winthrop to get the Hallmark Soumd books for some great grandkids. Oh what the heck. Why should he sleep if I am not. He will feel better for doing something nice for his mother. I will just lay a heavy guilt trip on him. It works every time.

I have been sitting here for hours reading this whole thread. I am ready for some sleep. But this has been an interesting time. Learned a lot of things. :chef:

Last edited:
So, did you get rid of that nasty looking bees nest? I hope so, without any stings. I have perpetual wasps on my property. They build nests everywhere! I use the long range bee spray on the nests.

I blasted it with some drione dust and it's dead, but still hanging there. I have some far fetched idea that it will act as a deterrent to other bees :wacko:

I blasted it with some drione dust and it's dead, but still hanging there. I have some far fetched idea that it will act as a deterrent to other bees :wacko:

I don't think that is far fetched at all. I heard that if you have a nest hanging then others will give it a wide berth. (No one seems to know how far though) They even have those fake ones you can hang to help keep them away.

I don't think that is far fetched at all. I heard that if you have a nest hanging then others will give it a wide berth. (No one seems to know how far though) They even have those fake ones you can hang to help keep them away.

Really. Sometimes I amaze myself :LOL:

Right now I am trying to watch a football game. I say trying, because I use an antenna for my local channels and I'm thinking the aluminum rungs on the roofers' ladder is messing with my signal :mad: My antenna is right next to it.

My dog just got into the garbage and ate some pastry I peeled off my Dad's sausage roll (too much pastry makes it hard to puree. Now I am following her around to make sure she doesn't get sick.....she is allergic to wheat!

Note to self - get a baby lock for the cupboard now that she has figured out how to open it! :wacko:

I am reveling in the fact that our BC Lions, who started the season with an 0 and 5 record, just won the Grey Cup! And they did it here at home! :clap::clap::clap:

Now all we have to do is get that elusive Stanley Cup and I'll be happy! :LOL:

Long list today, but Shrek is napping so my closet is off limits for now. Looking for my Christmas scrubs.

Today was one of my more productive days. I took Dad shopping so he could buy Christmas cards and a couple of presents, did grocery shopping, a couple of loads of laundry and am just finishing decorating our tree now that the men have gone to bed.

I also cooked a full meal and did some breakfast/lunch prep for the guys so I am feeling good about it all! Just hoping I didn't over do it but I am learning to pace myself better.

Working on getting my eyes open, so I can shower, dress and go to work. Full office today, finally. Being by myself is productive but very anxiety laden, I spent last week being 3 people. I hope I did everything right! Stupid Medicare!

Back
Top Bottom