What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earlier I tried to move my 8 year olds 3 tower/ building lego set and dropped it. I'm pretty sure my BP shot up to stroke levels. :ermm: My child said that I have surely ruined his life and he was crying so hard that the guy outside fixing the hottub thought I beat him. If he had continued to yell at me, I might have started thinking about it (beating him that is) :ROFLMAO:

yes, I fixed it :wacko:

dh threw a couple of steaks on the grill with some pan fried redskin potatoes, time to eat.

Just made a snow-cone and now will give some breaded zucchini strips a go out in the toaster oven in the garage so as not to heat up the oven. Love those things at Framer Brothers yum yum
kades

I am watching MasterChef for the first time ever. We haven't been able to get this channel in a long time, so I never saw it before. Pretty good so far, but it is only eleven minutes in. :LOL:

I'm having a glass of wine and getting over the shakes. I nearly got into a bad car smash tonight and I'm saying a whole lot of "thank you's" to the Big Guy upstairs for saving me. And thank you to Ford brakes. I had someone turn left in front of me and STOP in my lane. If I hadn't stood on the brakes HARD we'd both have been so much jam on the road. Lordy I was scared. I don't think I've been that scared when I've actually been IN an accident.

It was only a short hop from home so I didn't start shaking til after I got in. Now I'm just going to power down and enjoy being alive tonight.

Alix said:
I'm having a glass of wine and getting over the shakes. I nearly got into a bad car smash tonight and I'm saying a whole lot of "thank you's" to the Big Guy upstairs for saving me. And thank you to Ford brakes. I had someone turn left in front of me and STOP in my lane. If I hadn't stood on the brakes HARD we'd both have been so much jam on the road. Lordy I was scared. I don't think I've been that scared when I've actually been IN an accident.

It was only a short hop from home so I didn't start shaking til after I got in. Now I'm just going to power down and enjoy being alive tonight.

EEKS! So glad you're OK Alix!

Forget the glass, grab the bottle!

I'm so glad you are ok, how scary!

ooh, sorry for the big scare, alix! we shouldn't need reminders like that to appreciate how precious life is, and also how precarious....

Those close calls scare the crap out of you. Sometimes literally.

Relax and don't dwell on what didn't happen.

glad you're ok, alix. just relax and know accidents happen; that's what insurance is for.

I've had a couple, and am OK with those ones. This one would have been on the 11pm news though. It would have been BAD. Thus, thanking my guardian angels and the glass of vino. I'm doing better now. Wine must be working! ;)

TL, I have a question for you. Do you ever get a client that speaks only French? Can you speak French? Sorry that is two questions. :ermm::chef:
Yup to both. Most of my clients speak English. Some speak better French than English and some speak only French.

I took my first, and several other tax courses in French. The first time I saw the H&R Block basic course in English was when I taught it. :)

My tax software is bilingual. I can do all the work in English and have it print in French. I'm doing a French one now. I only have to type the occasional description in French. I just have to tell the software what language a client wants for their returns and then it prints it in that language.

The one I'm doing now is fun. It's quite complex. The husband and wife have a partnership. He does most of the work. It's photography. She has a job too. They own a triplex and rent out two flats. His studio is in their flat. They also have a "chalet" (country place) that they rent out by the week and also use themselves. They get to take car expenses for both the chalet and the photography biz. This one is French.

I have been preparing income tax for this couple since 1994 or 1995. I didn't use tax software back then. That was before they got married, before they bought the triplex, and before they bought the chalet. They are the clients I have had the longest.

I've had a couple, and am OK with those ones. This one would have been on the 11pm news though. It would have been BAD. Thus, thanking my guardian angels and the glass of vino. I'm doing better now. Wine must be working! ;)

Now who was scared "you know what"? I'm glad you are feeling better. Relax, relax.

I am busy following all my footsteps back since I entered the apartment. I went to the fridge to get cheese snacks I had stashed there when I got home. I found my car keys and no cheese...there was a lip balm and handful of mints where I put the car keys, which led me to the bedroom and the top right drawer where I put my pocket things from work. Lo and Behold! Cheese!!!!

Think I need a nap?

Yup to both. Most of my clients speak English. Some speak better French than English and some speak only French.

I took my first, and several other tax courses in French. The first time I saw the H&R Block basic course in English was when I taught it. :)

My tax software is bilingual. I can do all the work in English and have it print in French. I'm doing a French one now. I only have to type the occasional description in French. I just have to tell the software what language a client wants for their returns and then it prints it in that language.

The one I'm doing now is fun. It's quite complex. The husband and wife have a partnership. He does most of the work. It's photography. She has a job too. They own a triplex and rent out two flats. His studio is in their flat. They also have a "chalet" (country place) that they rent out by the week and also use themselves. They get to take car expenses for both the chalet and the photography biz. This one is French.

I have been preparing income tax for this couple since 1994 or 1995. I didn't use tax software back then. That was before they got married, before they bought the triplex, and before they bought the chalet. They are the clients I have had the longest.

I have always done my own taxes. After my daughter died, IRS gave me a hard time proving that I was the legal guardian of my granddaughter. They denied my exemption. I appealed it and won. I had to send my daughter's and granddaughter's death certificates. Also the court order giving me custody. Because they held up my tax return it was a long time before I got it. The good news was that they had to pay me interest for the time they were holding it. By order of the Appeal Board that heard my case. It wasn't much, but it felt good to beat them.

Back
Top Bottom