"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #17081
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
I sure hope it is Sunday...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #17082
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Earlier today I watched The Rise of the Third Reich... followed by The Fall of the Third Reich... and now I am watching Gladiator (the Russell Crowe one). Now if I can find a good cowboys and indians movie later, The Last Samurai, Roots and The Rabbit Proof Fence I'll have much of the world's nasty business all watched in one day
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #17083
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Earlier today I watched The Rise of the Third Reich... followed by The Fall of the Third Reich... and now I am watching Gladiator (the Russell Crowe one). Now if I can find a good cowboys and indians movie later, The Last Samurai, Roots and The Rabbit Proof Fence I'll have much of the world's nasty business all watched in one day
I have been on a Western Movie kick also lately. I would love to see them come back like they were in the 60's.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #17084
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
I just re-visited Ol-Blue's melt in your mouth pork loin recipe. I think that will be supper.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #17085
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have been on a Western Movie kick also lately. I would love to see them come back like they were in the 60's.
I watched three or four episods of The Rifleman yesterday morning. I had forgotten how hokey it was, but for a half hour show...
The original assault rifle
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #17086
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,096
I washed my Beanie Babies in the washing machine, and will send the collection to my little niece and nephew. They cleaned up great. I'm trying to declutter the house. I don't want to leave anyone with the daunting task of having to deal with what I had to deal with, all the knick knacks and stuff my mom had collected in her house for over 70 years.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #17087
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
I so agree...I have reduced and gifted so much stuff it's not funny and it is still coming out of the walls.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #17088
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I washed my Beanie Babies in the washing machine, and will send the collection to my little niece and nephew. They cleaned up great. I'm trying to declutter the house. I don't want to leave anyone with the daunting task of having to deal with what I had to deal with, all the knick knacks and stuff my mom had collected in her house for over 70 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I so agree...I have reduced and gifted so much stuff it's not funny and it is still coming out of the walls.
Did I miss something?
How many months do you two have?

I want whoever cleans out my house to remember me for a looooong time
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #17089
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
I'm just tired of tripping over stuff...bad enough I am a pack rat to begin with. Fighting that gene is a real struggle.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #17090
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Well OK then. If you're actually tripping over stuff that's different.
The trick is to only trip once. If you can't catch yourself on the first trip because you are tripping over something a second time... that's when you've got to much stuff
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.