"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #17111
Executive Chef

That is a good quote. I DID have plans for after Christmas, to go through all my clothes and get rid of what I don't want. First choice will go to my daughter, and the rest will be donated. I'm not sure where I will donate it. Goodwill and the Salvation Army sell it. I would like to donate it to a place where they "give" it to those who need it. There are such places, such as women's shelters, etc. We shop at Goodwill sometimes and many of the people I see buying clothes there are those looking to buy designer clothes for a low price. I would rather donate to someone's who's really down and out and has a need rather than give it to someone looking to make a buck.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #17112
Chef Extraordinaire

We used to have a place in Boston called "Rosie's Place." It was a home for abused women. They were always looking for clothing that was suitable for work. During my working days, I always sent my no longer needed clothes there.

I need to get into both my closets and really clean them out. One closet I don't even open. There are clothes in there I will never wear again.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #17113
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

What I need is to have a friend come over and go through my clothes, getting rid of things. I am too attached to some clothing and I know it doesn't look nice on me. I will have the steer them clear of my t-shirt drawer.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #17114
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
What I need is to have a friend come over and go through my clothes, getting rid of things. I am too attached to some clothing and I know it doesn't look nice on me. I will have the steer them clear of my t-shirt drawer.
I have T shirt nightgowns that I love. I live in them.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #17115
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
ION Network TV Schedule | LocateTV

This should help. You can look up your local station and times.
I had asked for any specific time so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of time scrolling through days of programming schedules, but thanks anyway, Addie.

I tried Googling and found it is on today at 3:30.

I don't know why I didn't think of doing that before. Whenever I'm looking for information on a show I've started watching, it also tells when upcoming episodes are being aired. Duh!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #17116
Executive Chef

This thread actually got me to go downstairs and go through the clothes. There were some things that I swear are from the 80's. Polyester dress pants. LOL There are a lot of tee shirts that are good but too small for me. My step-daughter might want those. They would be nice with shorts in the summer. Some of the newer things are from 20 lbs ago and I'm not ready to give up on losing those 20 lbs. I went from 5 space bags to 2 1/2. That's pretty good!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #17117
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I just made 2 pounds of Mozzarella from a gallon of milk, am now attempting ricotta from the whey. This is so cool!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #17118
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just made 2 pounds of Mozzarella from a gallon of milk, am now attempting ricotta from the whey. This is so cool!!!

How did you do that? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #17119
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I got a cheese making kit for Christmas. A little citric acid and a rennet tablet, heat, time and a gallon of milk...mozzarella!!!

Latté approves, too. She's had almost an ounce of it so far. The rest might not make it to the fridge.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #17120
Chef Extraordinaire

Fi, can we have a link to your kit?

Do you know yet if it is economical, or just a way to control what goes into your cheese?