"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #17161
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm getting ready to slice 8 loaves of gluten free bread TB picked up today. I was supposed to go but ended up down with a migraine all afternoon and he finished up his computer work early so went in my place.

We can't get it sliced at the bakery because they only have one slicer and it is used for regular bread. All the gluten free stuff is mixed and baked in a completely closed off part of the bakery with it's own ovens and proofers, but the bread is sliced in the storefront.

I really don't mind doing it and my reward is normally a slice or two of fresh bread and butter but I can't have the butter right now so there is a little less incentive!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:00 AM   #17162
Proud American

It is cold here also!

Gwen has gone, and for the first time since before Thanksgiving, I'm alone down here.

I suppose I'd best get used to this again.

With love,
~Cat

Old 01-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #17163
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
It is cold here also!

Gwen has gone, and for the first time since before Thanksgiving, I'm alone down here.

I suppose I'd best get used to this again.

With love,
~Cat
Yeah. You have had a busy time this past month. Now that you are back in school, you will appreciate the alone time for studying. Take advantage of it.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:03 AM   #17164
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yeah. You have had a busy time this past month. Now that you are back in school, you will appreciate the alone time for studying. Take advantage of it.
You're correct. I've caught up on everything and wrote to my journal, and so I'll go to my bed.

I miss Mamma sleeping next to me. I still am not very happy with growing up and being all that adult thing.

It hurts too much.

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #17165
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm up late again. TB is having stomach problems again and called in sick for the morning.

Our "adopted" daughter (she has parents and is in her late 20's but has lived with us on and off over the last 15 years or so) is at the ER with her 2 year old who fell two days ago and the doctor then should have diagnosed a concussion but didn't. He started to vomit today and was quite quiet which is unusual. I am waiting for her call to see what this new doctor says tonight. She has a three year old as well and just left her abusive husband so it is a tough situation. I am quite concerned. I will go in the morning to see them as I don't drive at night.

Monkey is curled up in a chair near me and Violet is on the floor beside my chair as always. I love my furbabies and they seem to love me right back!

Old 01-29-2014, 03:31 AM   #17166
Master Chef

Gee LP, I hope everything is OK with your kinda-daughter and her little one.

My LittleBit decided she wanted to sleep with me last night. I woke up with a cat curled against the backs of my knees and fell right back to sleep. I guess we both found places that worked seeing as how most of the time she shows up the two of us fight over the middle of the bed!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #17167
Proud American

Speaking of cats, I found this journal and ordered it! I always like journals like these, so I bought myself a treat.

V-E-T cat Journal by catlovers_gifts

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #17168
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek let me sleep in too long. Just now getting around to my morning meds and a cup of coffee.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #17169
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Gee LP, I hope everything is OK with your kinda-daughter and her little one.

My LittleBit decided she wanted to sleep with me last night. I woke up with a cat curled against the backs of my knees and fell right back to sleep. I guess we both found places that worked seeing as how most of the time she shows up the two of us fight over the middle of the bed!
Thanks, CG. They gave him a pedialite Popsicle (electrolytes) and he kept it down for about 2 hours so they let them go around midnight. Four blocks from the hospital he threw up all over the van and continued to do so through the night. They now think that he caught a bug (probably at the hospital the first time) so now they have him back at the hospital in isolation and on concussion watch. I went up with a Tim's run (Tim Horton's coffee and bagels) but I couldn't go into the room because of my upcoming surgery.

I ended up only getting a couple of hours broken sleep between various pains, worrying about the little guy and coughing (asthma, not a cold). And with TB home sick it will be a very quiet day for sure.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #17170
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm on the seventh application of rust bluing a pistol. Two through five shouldn't count though, as very little happened. Along with a hot towel I've added a bowl of hot water every so often and that extra 10% humidity is doing the trick.