"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #17421
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Oh I don't know... crap, lol.
Old keyboards, monitors, a boatload of coloring pencils/markers/pastels, colored paper, cd rom games that probably won't work on the newer softwares, plus the hand controler thingy, an ancient external hard drive, clocks, pictures and knick knacks I'll never hang or set up... I've got a lot of stuff that's garbage to me, but probably worth something to someone. I've got a bunch of Budweiser stuff too, like fishing lures, miniature trucks, billard rack, box that looks like an old crate... I've got more stuff than I know what to do with. Anybody want an Atari? lol

Nope! We have one DH won't throw out because "it's going to be worth money some day!" LOL NOT

We have stuff like that too, Pac. I want to just throw it away, but DH won't let me. I will hand him this....he made our attic exhaust fan out of a bunch of junk he had laying around. The blade from an old box fan, a motor he took off something...the only thing he had to buy was the louvers that open and close when you turn on the fan. DH would love to rummage through your stuff! My grandson would love to have the colored pencils, markers and paper.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #17422
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
I don't know the Julia Child kind. Not by that name anyway.
The kind that she makes in a video.

This kind:

Not this kind:

I should have taken pix, but we were hungry. I'll try to remember pix next time.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #17423
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
There are recycling places that take apart electronics. I don't think you'll make much money, maybe try Ebay or Craigslist? The Budweiser stuff would probably be worth something to those who collect it, I was shocked at how much the comic books and Tonka toys went for to collectors when I had Mom's auction.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing, except the part about your mum.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #17424
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Just sitting at the airport waiting. 9:45 departure to Puerto Plata.
Bum! Didn't you get back from a vacation just a little while ago? Nice, though. Vacation? Or work related. Whatever it is, enjoy the warmth.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #17425
Master Chef

Quote:
...Anybody want an Atari? lol
Thanks, but no. I have enough of our own shrattis to get rid of before I can even think of listing it for sale. When we moved up here from OH I did have a Pong game to sell.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #17426
Master Chef

I have to go kill off another small grove of trees, copying everything and anything I can think of to verify my existence and citizenship...just to buy health insurance. There isn't much they ask for, but I'm making sure anything that might bring up another question (like why my last name on my birth certificate is different than my name now...duh! I got married!) I'm beginning to feel a little bit like Santa and the M&M guys!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #17427
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks for the pic, Taxy. I've never seen one folded like that before.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #17428
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Oh I don't know... crap, lol.
Old keyboards, monitors, a boatload of coloring pencils/markers/pastels, colored paper, cd rom games that probably won't work on the newer softwares, plus the hand controler thingy, an ancient external hard drive, clocks, pictures and knick knacks I'll never hang or set up... I've got a lot of stuff that's garbage to me, but probably worth something to someone. I've got a bunch of Budweiser stuff too, like fishing lures, miniature trucks, billard rack, box that looks like an old crate... I've got more stuff than I know what to do with. Anybody want an Atari? lol
Donate the coloring pencils/markers/pastels to a Jr High (Middle School?) or High School art department.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #17429
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I have to go kill off another small grove of trees, copying everything and anything I can think of to verify my existence and citizenship...just to buy health insurance. There isn't much they ask for, but I'm making sure anything that might bring up another question (like why my last name on my birth certificate is different than my name now...duh! I got married!) I'm beginning to feel a little bit like Santa and the M&M guys!

Do you have a scanner? Most modern photocopiers have hard disks. If you don't want your personal info, that you are copying, to possibly get into the wrong hands, scan it at home or at a friend's place.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #17430
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm watching Chopped Canada in the hospital. Got here yesterday. I was extremely dehydrated; it's amazing what five bags of fluid does for a body, lol. I know it's not funny but January was one of the worst months of my life and I just want to get past it at this point. Hopefully I'm going home tomorrow and can get back to cooking soon.