"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #17471
Chef Extraordinaire

So anyway. Today I also purchased some nail polish.
I have a couple small plastic parts I wanted to color match and I knew nail polish would be the ticket. Honest.
But it's not going on like I thought it would. Kind of streaky, not "self-leveling" like I thought it would be. Although the brush marks disappear anyway. I think I'll have to do some sanding and re-applying. Dries fast anyway. House stinks. lol

Old 02-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #17472
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Gee, thanks for the concern ladies.
And if she wasn't married and the daughter of the cop who lives next door I just might
The wedding band is one she might not lose either

Seriously though, thanks for thinking of me
I still like to window shop
Yes, that might be an issue....

Old 02-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #17473
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
So anyway. Today I also purchased some nail polish.
I have a couple small plastic parts I wanted to color match and I knew nail polish would be the ticket. Honest.
But it's not going on like I thought it would. Kind of streaky, not "self-leveling" like I thought it would be. Although the brush marks disappear anyway. I think I'll have to do some sanding and re-applying. Dries fast anyway. House stinks. lol
Sharpie markers come in different colors, would those work?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #17474
Chef Extraordinaire

No. It's an odd color. The nail polish will work.
I just expected it to look perfect like a manicure job with little effort from me. lol
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #17475
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Don't brush it on, dab...it will take a bit longer to dry, but putting it on plastic makes it difficult to brush it evenly and thick.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #17476
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Don't brush it on, dab...it will take a bit longer to dry, but putting it on plastic makes it difficult to brush it evenly and thick.
Thanks, but too late.
I figured plastic was the same texture as fingernails, but I have no idea how many coats are put on a fingernail and the bottle didn't come with instructions... that's a first.
I'll sand down the thick areas and see what I have. I probably should have practiced on something first. And I don't mean a toenail
Weird brush, too.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #17477
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Thanks, but too late.
I figured plastic was the same texture as fingernails, but I have no idea how many coats are put on a fingernail and the bottle didn't come with instructions... that's a first.
I'll sand down the thick areas and see what I have. I probably should have practiced on something first. And I don't mean a toenail
Weird brush, too.
Pac, you really have to ask these questions BEFORE you apply the nail polish. :sigh:
I don't think I've ever seen a nail polish bottle that came with instructions. My manicure girls do a great mani/pedi, would be happy to give you their number.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #17478
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Don't sand, just reapply, allowing to dry between layers, until it looks right. That's what I do when it goes on too thin on my nails.

And stop huffing the nail polish...
Old 02-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #17479
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Opening Olympic ceremony!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:35 AM   #17480
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I have decided that I want to slow down my tax practice. I am old enough to think about retiring. I am only keeping clients I like. So, I think professional tax software at $700 is over kill. They increased the price by $10 last year and $40 this year. I just don't do enough tax returns anymore to justify that. Besides, I want to get rind of Windows and that software only runs on Windog.

I'm really ticked off. This tax software does tax returns back to the late '90s. I have always been able to use it well into the next year before renewing. This year, as of January, I can open the tax returns, but I can't print them. That means that if a client wants another copy of an old return, I can't print it for them unless I buy another license. To be fair, I can buy a "one-pay" license for $27 to print one or do one tax return. But, I have never charged clients for copies before. They aren't going to be happy to pay $27 for a copy of their tax return, and another $27 for thier spouse's return. This just makes me want to get away from this software even more.

So, now I am checking out the various online tax software for Canadian Federal and Quebec tax returns. I will fill in the returns for my clients and let them netfile them. I will still give them their nice portfolio with summaries, their tax slips, and DVD with everything. And, if a client wants to fill it in him/herself, I'll be happy to verify it for them and charge less than if I do the whole return.