What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am "Rehab" too...most of the others are not Ogres...

Please be careful, Babetoo! I miss you when you are not around. {{{{Babe}}}}

Rehab can be so painful. Coming back from an accident is no fun. It can be worse than the original injury itself. Please heed all the advice you have been given by those who love you. :wub:

Not that much today. My Dad and I are on a bit of unsettled ground right now (long story), and he's in NY state. I've been a lazy bone today with not much ambition. My Mom's brother (my Uncle Bob) passed away Friday night, and I've just been just layin' low. It happened so suddenly, starting out with a stroke. It's hard, because you try to call people and no one is home, but that is understandable. The bright spot of the whole weekend was that we enjoyed a great corned beef dinner on friday night and had leftovers in sandwiches last night. I'm on/off here at all hours, because I can't seem to sleep.

I'm enjoying a Margarita. I'll probably have another one before supper. I'm having that second one now. It's nicer made with the bottled, organic, Italian lime juice, than with the juice from fresh limes that probably weren't ripe.

I got home from the grocery store and noticed that the pâté was missing. Then I looked at the receipt and noticed that the Finn Crisp, the Brie, the Camembert, and the 'shrooms were missing too. I left one bag of groceries in the car. D'oh! Well, better than at the store.

Not that much today. My Dad and I are on a bit of unsettled ground right now (long story), and he's in NY state. I've been a lazy bone today with not much ambition. My Mom's brother (my Uncle Bob) passed away Friday night, and I've just been just layin' low. It happened so suddenly, starting out with a stroke. It's hard, because you try to call people and no one is home, but that is understandable. The bright spot of the whole weekend was that we enjoyed a great corned beef dinner on friday night and had leftovers in sandwiches last night. I'm on/off here at all hours, because I can't seem to sleep.
I am sorry for your loss, VB, and for you and your Dad being unsettled on father's day. It's a good day to relax and take some me time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry VB! I hope you can get in contact with someone soon.

I just managed an hour nap and headed back to rehab. From the looks of things I might get to bring my Ogre home tomorrow or Tuesday.

I'm sorry to read that. My sincere condolences.

Stirling seems to be holding up okay, but there was vibration to his voice when he told me. His brother phoned and said that their dad will probably pass in a few hours. He has pneumonia and had another heart attack in the hospital. His remaining arm is dead. He has blood clots everywhere and any treatment of the blood clots will probably kill him sooner than leaving it alone.

Stirling seems to be holding up okay, but there was vibration to his voice when he told me. His brother phoned and said that their dad will probably pass in a few hours. He has pneumonia and had another heart attack in the hospital. His remaining arm is dead. He has blood clots everywhere and any treatment of the blood clots will probably kill him sooner than leaving it alone.

Oh Tax! Give some hugs to Stirling for me. Is he able to be there?

It has been a long time since I turned on the oven. I have had a large slab of pork rings in the freezer. The temps outside are very chilly for the past couple of days. So last night I took out the slab to thaw and just stuck them in the oven on low today. After several hours, I checked on them. Falling off the bone. Put some BBQ sauce on them, baked for 30 minutes more and they are delicious. Enough incentive to turn the oven on more often. :chef:

Thank you PF and taxlady.

I'm sorry to hear about Stirling. Just after my Uncle Bob was flown from the NY hospital to one in PA, he somehow acquired pneumonia and had a large amount of fluid in his lungs.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, taxlady!

Last edited:
Oh, TL, I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers to you and Stirling.

Thank you PF and taxlady.

I'm sorry to hear about Stirling. Just after my Uncle Bob was flown from the NY hospital to one in PA, he somehow acquired pneumonia and had a large amount of fluid in his lungs.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, taxlady!
Thanks Vanilla Bean. My thoughts are with you too.

taxlady, I'm sorry to hear your news. Hope Stirling is OK. It's a hard thing.

Thanks Alix. We're still waiting for final word. I gave him a hug from PF and burst into tears. He seemed to need that hug. It isn't unexpected, but who knows how it will hit Stirling when it is official.

Of course, there is a slim chance the old fart will pull through. I say, we're off to Cornwall immediately if he does. We raised a glass or two to him tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom