"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #17721
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I just glad Delta, in their "common sense" sight, has made it so easy. They could simply put smaller holes in the unit and forgo the washer, but they have made it a simple remedy to get a normal spray.

Last time I bought a shower head, the guy at Lowe's told me how to take out the restrictor.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #17722
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Or in my case, leave them on all day long until I go to bed.
I have no idea what I'm going to do for my 100w work lights... go to flood lights I suppose. I don't think they are going to stop making outdoor lights...
They are starting to make LED lights that screw into regular sockets. I'm just waiting for them to start selling something equivalent to 100 W.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #17723
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
They are starting to make LED lights that screw into regular sockets. I'm just waiting for them to start selling something equivalent to 100 W.
Whew. Thank god.
I'm glad somebody is thinking. I've never been a fan of LED lighting, but at least it comes on when you flip the switch.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #17724
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post

I love them! Good job! What did you use to line the purses?
Thanks, Carol! I found some white striped cotton material, sort of like mattress ticking, in my craft closet. I see that you're looking at recycled clothes for possible linings, great idea! An old shirt with pockets would make a great lining.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #17725
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I am havin' a ball! Knitting up a storm.

After I delivered the 100 preemie hats to Vanderbilt on Thursday I was experiencing a bit of withdrawal because I didn't have any service project to tackle. Well, that changed when I was directed to Knit for Kids. I LOVE the concept and have already made one hat and am about a third of the way through a sweater.

Again, I'm using my scraps and the sweater is going to be the most colorful little thing with stripes of every color imaginable. This is so much fun and I'll be able to use up tons of yarn that would simply sit until.....
Old 02-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #17726
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
I am havin' a ball! Knitting up a storm.

After I delivered the 100 preemie hats to Vanderbilt on Thursday I was experiencing a bit of withdrawal because I didn't have any service project to tackle. Well, that changed when I was directed to Knit for Kids. I LOVE the concept and have already made one hat and am about a third of the way through a sweater.

Again, I'm using my scraps and the sweater is going to be the most colorful little thing with stripes of every color imaginable. This is so much fun and I'll be able to use up tons of yarn that would simply sit until.....
That's so cool, Katie! Have fun, and don't forget to post pics!
Old 02-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #17727
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Boy, am I glad!

I think that's the real reason I got released from the hospital is it had been a week since my last shower and I couldn't with the drain in.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #17728
Master Chef

Quote:
...And I'll tell you why it's so glorious today. After two weeks I finally took a REAL shower!....
Thanks pac, but it's about time. I mean, I AM downwind of you and all.

In our last house back in OH, built in 1991, I have no idea if all the faucets had water flow restrictors because our pressure was too high! Oh what I'd give for a few PSI we could have moved with us. I had to call the water department about it. The tech that showed up said although the American Plumbing Institute recommended a PSI between 30 (what they said should be the absolute lowest reading) and 50, he was going to set our flow at 55 PSI so that the washer would fill faster. I'm just glad our faucets back there allowed adjusting both the temperature and and volume of water. Seems like only the high-end tub faucets have that option.

Pressure here isn't an option. Well, it is if we want to add a pressure booster. Nah, I've adapted to our 26 PSI...taken at the meter in the basement. Someone with better math skills than I can figure out how much pressure we lose on the way up to our bathroom (7 1/2 foot ceiling height in the rooms). Our plumber knew the deal...he took those restrictors out as he put in our fixtures.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #17729
Master Chef

I should get back to sorting through the Christmas decorations. I've been weeding out what I can part with from my way-too-many items. I brought all the boxes up from the basement cuz it's cold down there! Right now my family room has more decorations in it that it did during the holidays! Hmmm, just one more thread and then I'll go. Or maybe the Today's Menu too..
Old 02-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #17730
Executive Chef

I plan on organizing my Christmas decorations, too, CG, but I'm waiting for it to warm up enough to get them out of the attic. Brrrrrr.

Does ANYONE leave the restrictors in their faucets? It doesn't sound like it. LOL One time my DIL came to our house for a shower because their water was shut off and she said we had good water pressure. Maybe they still have the restrictors.