"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-20-2014, 03:05 AM   #17811
Executive Chef

So glad everything went well Cat! Get plenty of rest and take it easy for a few days.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:54 AM   #17812
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Thanks Carol! We're staying at the Bellagio. Looks like there's lots of things to do and great places to eat!

Dawg, there is a ton of stuff to do and see in Vegas outside of gambling and shopping. When I was there in October, I never put one nickel in a machine.
lol! The Bellagio has a conservatory and botanical gardens that are a must see.
When we were there a few years ago there was a butterfly habitat that you could actually go inside to get a real "birds eye" view of the beautiful creatures. Another neat place to go is Freemont Street the old town part of LV.
Lots of people watching and street artists and vendors and really reasonably priced buffets in some of the old time hotels. You can take the shuttle bus called The Deuce (taxis are extremely expensive and the Bellagio is at the other end of town) the ride is an experience on its own. Lol! For food, I always recommend Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse if you are meat lovers. But don't pay full price there are 1/2 price discount coupons available. We got ours when we purchased show tickets at Tix4Tonite.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #17813
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I will. I'm trying to finish a speech I must do, and I will sleep.

With love,
~Cat

I hope you slept well, apparently I did, wide awake at 4 am...
Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #17814
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post

Dawg, there is a ton of stuff to do and see in Vegas outside of gambling and shopping. When I was there in October, I never put one nickel in a machine.
lol! The Bellagio has a conservatory and botanical gardens that are a must see.
When we were there a few years ago there was a butterfly habitat that you could actually go inside to get a real "birds eye" view of the beautiful creatures. Another neat place to go is Freemont Street the old town part of LV.
Lots of people watching and street artists and vendors and really reasonably priced buffets in some of the old time hotels. You can take the shuttle bus called The Deuce (taxis are extremely expensive and the Bellagio is at the other end of town) the ride is an experience on its own. Lol! For food, I always recommend Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse if you are meat lovers. But don't pay full price there are 1/2 price discount coupons available. We got ours when we purchased show tickets at Tix4Tonite.
Great info, Bunny, thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #17815
Chef Extraordinaire

One year when I was in Vegas there was a great restaurant called The Wagon Wheel that served all you can eat ribs and crab legs for not very much money, 12 bucks maybe.
The following year they were no longer open.
I always felt bad about that. I just know my buddies and I had something to do with that...
Old 02-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #17816
Certified Cake Maniac

I am beaming with pride! Both our ladies' curling and hockey teams won gold today!

I feel bad for the American hockey team though. They really gave it their all and lead for most of the game.

Next I need to get going on my first venture out in the van by myself since before my surgery. I just need to pick up a few groceries and pet supplies. Violet won't let me back in the house without her dental chew sticks and Monkey "needs" some new catnip mice.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #17817
Executive Chef

congrats to the canadian women's hockey team for their gold medal win over our u.s. team at sochi!! both teams played hard and well, with a lot of heart. i saw the happy beaming faces of the canadian girls, as well as the deep disappointment among the american girls, as they waited to receive their olympic gold and silver medals. what an exciting game that was to watch! these teams represent some of the finest women athletes in the world, yet i've not seen a women's hockey game since the last olympic games. let's hope that these sochi games serve to promote an increased interest in women's sports going forward, and ice hockey in particular.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #17818
Certified Pretend Chef

Kudos to the Canadian woman. The US team was up by to goals with 4 minutes to play and the Canadians fought back to win. The US team let one get away!

Vit, NHL hockey is having a tough time gaining popularity. I'm afraid the chances for woman's hockey aren't very good.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #17819
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Cat, I'm glad to hear that it was a "harmless cyst." Now you can relax. When I had my biopsy done I was awake with just a local anesthetic. I talked to the doctor and his nurse the whole time. Mine was also harmless but it's always better to get these things checked.
Ditto here Cat. The nausea is from the anesthetic. A very common reaction. I get the dry heaves all the time. I get them so often, I don't even mind them anymore. All I do is drool when I get them.

I am so glad that you are all right. Can't have our little Kitten sick with worry. I think I feel sorrier for DA than I do you. She had no idea of what was going on. And the nurse was right. She is one tough old lady. God Bless Her. I don't know who the lucky one is. You or her.

(Since I can't send the real thing.) Take care of yourself. In a couple of days you won't even know you had surgery.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #17820
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am beaming with pride! Both our ladies' curling and hockey teams won gold today!

I feel bad for the American hockey team though. They really gave it their all and lead for most of the game.

Next I need to get going on my first venture out in the van by myself since before my surgery. I just need to pick up a few groceries and pet supplies. Violet won't let me back in the house without her dental chew sticks and Monkey "needs" some new catnip mice.
Drive carefully and don't overdo it. Don't buy more than you can carry into the house. We do worry about you.