What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My apartment is on the North side of the building. The sun never hits my windows. I have a two story window that used to be the big front doors to the building. I just went to look outside and put my hand on the glass. It was HOT!. Our hightest today was 96ºF. Part of the City lost their power. I feel sorry for those folks. thank heavens for our AC.

Thanks Addie.

Yup, I'm an orphan. Stirling still has his mum.

I am not only an orphan, I am the last one of my family that is still alive. No cousins, aunts, uncles, siblings, parents. No one. I am the Grand Matriarch of the family. A title I never wanted. Now it is time for the next generation to take over. I am too tired to do the honors. I am the only one who had a large family. My sister had four children. I had five. Everyone else had one, maybe two. Most had none.

blissful said:
MMMM.........thank you. You are a peach!
A COOL peach.

Thanks Sweetie! I hope you have a good fan! Can you get a mini split? They're the go-to A/C in Mexico, efficient and inexpensive.

Last edited:
Today I baked more cupcake recipes, I may have found my go-to, it was one that I tweaked and made my own. If they stay moist for a couple of days, I'll call it a success.

Just finished shampooing the carpets on the main level, I hate that job and was going to hire someone to do it, but I figured that I shouldn't be so lazy and do it myself!

i just finished burying one of our "outdoor" cats today. we found him dead in the backyard this morning. he was sick for a while, so his suffering is finally over. :( his body will nourish the skyrocket juniper bush growing right next to his grave.
I am sorry for your loss, it's a tragedy losing a pet.

Got ice cubes, Bliss? Put some in a dish pan with some cool water, and put your feet in it. When your blood circulates through you'll get cooler, I promise. Don't forget to keep a towel nearby.

Sorry you're feeling so miserable!

I tried a new class in the pool tonight. aqua zumba. My knee is killing me, to much jumping around for me.

i just finished burying one of our "outdoor" cats today. we found him dead in the backyard this morning. he was sick for a while, so his suffering is finally over. :( his body will nourish the skyrocket juniper bush growing right next to his grave.

So sorry BT...I just know there's a one-eyed black cat waiting to make friends with him.

Me, I'm just hanging out with myself, enjoying having all the bills paid and shopping completed, at least for today. Life is good!

thanks merlot, bliss, dawg, simonbaker, and pf.

he was a good cat, great mouser.

the good news is one of his siblings has decided to try out living inside our house. it's been touch and go so far, but dw is slowly enticing him to eat in the kitchen instead of outdoors, and spend the night in a playroom (away from all of the other pets until we see how it goes, and he sees a vet).

Z, glad to hear everything is going your way! :)

BuckyT, sorry about your cat. I remember when you had to break it to your boy (he was little at the time) that one of your indoor cats died and how tough that was on all of you.

I just got a call from my orthopedist's office. I guess she mentioned I called yesterday to the doctor and he wants me to go get xray's today and they will call me after they get them. Better than waiting till August to see him and sitting in ER for hours!

the good news is one of his siblings has decided to try out living inside our house. it's been touch and go so far, but dw is slowly enticing him to eat in the kitchen instead of outdoors, and spend the night in a playroom (away from all of the other pets until we see how it goes, and he sees a vet).

I'm sorry to hear about you losing another furry buddy. Its really tough. I'm glad to hear this news though. And may I just say how lucky the furry folks around your neighbourhood are? To have such a caring family looking after them is a real blessing. You and your DW and son are a sterling example of how we need to treat animals.

Thanks for all the suggestions to stay cooler.
We did decide to A/C one room last night--after sopping my head, after laying under a fan with wet cloths, after ice cubes in front of the fan.
I'M COOLER--temperature wise and probably cooler 70's jargon wise too.:LOL::LOL: It's expensive so it's not going to stay on unless it is over 90 degrees.

I'm buying a small plastic (not blow up) pool today, next time I'll plunge myself into it before becoming so miserable with the heat. I'm sorry for complaining about something so many people can just 'take'. How do they do it? I dreamed of snow yesterday. When snow covers the ground I dream of spring.

I'm not particularly an unhappy person, I was just way past my limit for heat yesterday.

Z, glad to hear everything is going your way! :)

BuckyT, sorry about your cat. I remember when you had to break it to your boy (he was little at the time) that one of your indoor cats died and how tough that was on all of you.

I just got a call from my orthopedist's office. I guess she mentioned I called yesterday to the doctor and he wants me to go get xray's today and they will call me after they get them. Better than waiting till August to see him and sitting in ER for hours!

I hate waiting in the ER. I just got a call from my doctor. They are having an e-mail conversation regarding the next step. My doctor, the opthamologist, anesthesiologist, cardiologist and the head nurse. It comes down to, "who is going to authorize using anesthesia for my surgery. Because of my heart condition, it is rishy putting me under. But I refuse to have the surgery without it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom