What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm. Simonbaker, can you get a handicap tag?
Thanks to all for the advice but I don't feel real comfortable being in a wheelchair or having a handicap tag. When i was 17 years old I was thrown from a horse on Easter sunday. I broke my lower back & was paralyzed for about 18 months. While in a wheelchair I had some painful rehab. with physical therapy. In the small town I grew up in there was'nt alot of resources in the 70's. I just don't feel good about going back to that.

i just finished burying one of our "outdoor" cats today. we found him dead in the backyard this morning. he was sick for a while, so his suffering is finally over. :( his body will nourish the skyrocket juniper bush growing right next to his grave.
I'm so sorry to read that. I'll bet that cat had a good life with you. My condolences.

started an afghan for my oldest granddaughter for christmas. cast on and ready to go.
How nice! I bet she will love it!! I hope you're doing okay, babe.

I woke up with a sneezing attack, and here I sit. If I can't sleep in an hour, I'm going to watch an episode of the Waltons I recorded. Yes, I love that show! It's a lot better than some of the crap that's on tv right now.

How nice! I bet she will love it!! I hope you're doing okay, babe.

I woke up with a sneezing attack, and here I sit. If I can't sleep in an hour, I'm going to watch an episode of the Waltons I recorded. Yes, I love that show! It's a lot better than some of the crap that's on tv right now.

The Walton's is on for three hours a day here on a cable channel, followed by Little House On the Prairie (one of my favorites) every weekday afternoon.

G'night Johnboy :) or they would have said G'night 'Nilla'Bean in your case.

The Walton's is on for three hours a day here on a cable channel, followed by Little House On the Prairie (one of my favorites) every weekday afternoon.

G'night Johnboy :) or they would have said G'night 'Nilla'Bean in your case.
We must have the same channel. It's on the Hallmark channel, here.

I'm very out of touch with young people these days. I wonder if these kinder, gentler shows are watched by the kids who would benefit most from the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) messages. And I'd add the Andy Griffith shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very out of touch with young people these days. I wonder if these kinder, gentler shows are watched by the kids who would benefit most from the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) messages. And I'd add the Andy Griffith shows.

And the Carol Burnett Show. Subtlety is lost on the youth.

But, but, but.....I can't do Lawrence Welk....I'm sorry.

Lawrence Welk can be quite entertaining under the influence :ermm: :LOL:

Lawrence Welk and Sports--two things that should only be watched under the influence. If you aren't already under the influence, they will force you to be wanting to be under the influence.:)

We are getting ready to go to a wedding. We have never met either the bride or the groom. :angel:

Here is the story. A few years ago my daughter Nancy became Facebook friends with a young woman about her age (Tara), to play games with. Then the other woman's mother (Mary) posted something to someone named Nancy Amaral, so she thought it had something to so with her, but it turned out Mary knew another Nancy Amaral. So by now Nancy was FB friends with both Tara and her mom Mary, and Nancy discovered that Tara lived only a few miles from her. They are now friends in real life, as well as on FB. I became friends with both of them as well. I was able to meet Tara last year. Meanwhile I discovered that Mary has another daughter, Chrysta, just about 50 miles from me. I became FB friends with her, and she also became my Avon representative. They are all more than just online friends. They even sent me money for gas so I could get to the airport to see my dad when he was dying.

Whew! That's the story, and now I will get to meet both Mary and Chrysta at Chrysta's wedding in a few hours. I can't wait! :cool: I'd better get off of this thing and get ready, or we won't make it!

I just finished lunch and am about to go out to my studio to do some reorganizing. I ordered, and received, rolling steel shelf unit that I need to put together and set in place. Since I will have to remove some shelves in the area in which the shelf unit will go, I imagine I'll be at it most of the afternoon. I don't anticipate getting done today but I'm in no hurry.

I'll have to stop to make a blackberry cobbler because Glenn just went out back to pick a bunch of blackberries. Yum!:yum::yum:

I'm waiting for some white glue to dry. I'm using it to try to get rid of an invisible glass splinter in my foot. I've poked around enough with a sterilized needle. It's on the bottom of my heel. I don't feel it except sometimes when I walk.

And the Carol Burnett Show. Subtlety is lost on the youth.

But, but, but.....I can't do Lawrence Welk....I'm sorry.

LOL! I remember being a kid and at my Aunt Sig's house. My parents used to let me spend weekends there when wanted to get away and my grandparents were busy. They always had Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights.

"And a one, and a twoa...."

I think that's what he said... it's been ages.

It's so nice to have a day off. DH had to go into work, he is making cake for 700 today. The daughter & I get the day together. After cleaning the house, maybe some shopping the to the public pool.

I called Son #3. There is a farm stand just down the road from his house. He is going to pick up a couple of dozen farm fresh eggs for me. Oh Joy! Luv that kid!!!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom