"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #18141
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh yeah, a kitchen gadget.
I've been meaning to pick up a mellon baller. I can't remember what it is I make that I wanted one for... I know I've made it a few times... I'm sure whatever it is I'll be wishing I had a mellon baller again.

No new tracks through there, Andy, so I haven't checked the camera.

And you don't even want to see my wish list at Amazon, lol.
Mostly stuff I don't really need. I'm glad it's in my wish list rather than me buying it.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #18142
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Thank you friends, for the kind comments. My niece and nephew had most of the arrangements preplanned. The funeral is on Friday.

When I shop on Amazon I put things on my Wish List as I see them. Then when I do find something I'd like to have right away I look through my Wish List and add some of the smaller items to get up to $35. I really try to avoid paying shipping.
Excellent idea, Thanks Carol!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #18143
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Thanks again for your good wishes

vit, I read an article recently about buying staples regularly from Amazon, like paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Or maybe you could stock up on staples like canned tomatoes, chicken broth, etc. They have become almost like a membership store with more variety.

Shampoo, dish soap...my mind is boggling. Thank you ladies for turning on my logic brain today.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #18144
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Oh yeah, a kitchen gadget.
I've been meaning to pick up a mellon baller. I can't remember what it is I make that I wanted one for... I know I've made it a few times... I'm sure whatever it is I'll be wishing I had a mellon baller again.

No new tracks through there, Andy, so I haven't checked the camera.

And you don't even want to see my wish list at Amazon, lol.
Mostly stuff I don't really need. I'm glad it's in my wish list rather than me buying it.
Well, my wish list is things I would like to have but don't want to pay the shipping to get it. I don't NEED them. I WANT them. For example, someone here mentioned Silpat. I didn't know what it was, so I googled it and now it's on my wishlist. I don't need it right away, so I will add it when I see something I want right now.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #18145
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Thanks again for your good wishes

vit, I read an article recently about buying staples regularly from Amazon, like paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Or maybe you could stock up on staples like canned tomatoes, chicken broth, etc. They have become almost like a membership store with more variety.

Sorry to hear you were hospitalized, GG. Hope you're feeling better.

Your post reminded me I've been wanting to try Kelp Noodles but can't find them in the local stores. I can add them to my Amazon wish list!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #18146
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I have several Amazon wish lists. I have one at Lee Valley Tools. I used it recently when they had a free shipping event.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #18147
Chef Extraordinaire

Over the years I have kept a wish list on my fridge. Every time one of the kids would come over they would look at it and come present time, would compare notes with the other kids and decide who would get what. Sometimes, I would pick something off the list to fill out an Amazon order so that I wouldn't pay shipping. I would then cross it off the list. The list has been ever evolving. I would put the item # with the item so that the kids would know exactly what I wanted. This list has saved many a disappointment and frustration.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #18148
Executive Chef

thanks guys, for coming up with s bunch of neat ideas to help round out my amazon order. small kitchen gadgets, *want, not need* items, gourmet and stock items, are all practical ideas and/or appealing ones, to ensure a satisfying shopping experience. after all, shopping is ever much more fun when you are pleased with your purchase, instead of feeling bummed about the money you just spent..... .
Old 03-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #18149
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm still taking care of my motherlode of food. I'm almost done.

Food has been cooked, frozen, and dinner tonght is set up.

i froze the last of the picnic pork and used to bones to cook a pot of baby lima beans.

I cut up the loaf of french bread and set half of it up to make pizza for dinner.

I think I'm done!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #18150
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
thanks guys, for coming up with s bunch of neat ideas to help round out my amazon order...

We're always glad to help others spend their money.