"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #18151
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
thanks guys, for coming up with s bunch of neat ideas to help round out my amazon order. small kitchen gadgets, *want, not need* items, gourmet and stock items, are all practical ideas and/or appealing ones, to ensure a satisfying shopping experience. after all, shopping is ever much more fun when you are pleased with your purchase, instead of feeling bummed about the money you just spent..... .
Well I'll have to find something else to add to my Amazon order just to get the item I want
I just stumbled into what they call an "add on" item. I've never seen this before. It's apparently an item they have... and it ships free with Prime... but you need to have $25 worth of other "qualifying" items in your cart to get the add on item. Otherwise they keep the item for your next order, provided you have $25 worth of qualifying stuff in that order.
And the only stinkin' item I even want is that $3.79 item! What the heck is this now? Why can't they just ship it with the other $15.93 items in my cart?
I wish I could remember what I wanted that mellon baller for... I'd add one in with my order.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #18152
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post

Well I'll have to find something else to add to my Amazon order just to get the item I want
I just stumbled into what they call an "add on" item. I've never seen this before. It's apparently an item they have... and it ships free with Prime... but you need to have $25 worth of other "qualifying" items in your cart to get the add on item. Otherwise they keep the item for your next order, provided you have $25 worth of qualifying stuff in that order.
And the only stinkin' item I even want is that $3.79 item! What the heck is this now? Why can't they just ship it with the other $15.93 items in my cart?
I wish I could remember what I wanted that mellon baller for... I'd add one in with my order.
I went to order some WineAway, which was an add-on. Fine, when I ordered a total of 5 bottles of WineAway, it totaled more than $25, so was no longer considered an "add-on". I didn't have to order anything else.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #18153
Chef Extraordinaire

When did they start this, Dawg?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #18154
Executive Chef

Quote:

I ordered an add-on item once. These are things that are not cost effective to ship by themselves with shipping charges. Is it something you can't find anywhere else?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #18155
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
When did they start this, Dawg?
I recall seeing it last year. Strangely, I've ordered single items for under $5 that shipped free through Prime, and they weren't considered add-ons.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #18156
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Thank you friends, for the kind comments. My niece and nephew had most of the arrangements preplanned. The funeral is on Friday.

When I shop on Amazon I put things on my Wish List as I see them. Then when I do find something I'd like to have right away I look through my Wish List and add some of the smaller items to get up to $35. I really try to avoid paying shipping.
Quote:
meatballs? dumplings? cookies? pumpkins? avocados/tomatoes?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #18157
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We're always glad to help others spend their money.
That's the truth!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #18158
Chef Extraordinaire

hmmm, meatballs... maybe, Vit. Maybe small uniform meatballs. Even using a spoon to scoop with they seem to grow in size.

A year for add on items? I'm surprised I haven't run into one before.
And I can't find one locally. It's a special bit for a Dremel tool. The local Ace has a great selection, but not every one they make. And of course it's about half the price at Amazon.

I just can't believe I haven't run into one before.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #18159
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I ran into an ad-on item when I finally found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Handles, I got them and two refills each, I was still $4 short of the $35 free shipping, it popped up an ad-on suggestion for a tub o'Regular Mr Clean Magic Erasers that covered that and I got my free shipping. It also offered me coupons on two items.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #18160
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I ran into an ad-on item when I finally found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Handles, I got them and two refills each, I was still $4 short of the $35 free shipping, it popped up an ad-on suggestion for a tub o'Regular Mr Clean Magic Erasers that covered that and I got my free shipping. It also offered me coupons on two items.
You can never have too many magic erasers!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote