"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #18241
Master Chef

Just sent grandson off to school. Temperature is 39 this morning. Just heard on the local news, that with all of the school cancellations this year, that instead of getting out on May 30th they will have to go until June 9th.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #18242
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm on my way into the City for my follow-up appointment. Plan to hit a couple of the specialty grocery stores before heading back out to the country. I hope this is the final trip into the City for awhile--I've been to the City four times in seven days. That's more often than I usually hit the City in two months. I almost think I should've packed a lunch...
Goo luck and prayers go with you.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #18243
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm on my way into the City for my follow-up appointment. Plan to hit a couple of the specialty grocery stores before heading back out to the country. I hope this is the final trip into the City for awhile--I've been to the City four times in seven days. That's more often than I usually hit the City in two months. I almost think I should've packed a lunch...
Good luck with the appointment. Have fun shopping. Thinking of you.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #18244
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Just sent grandson off to school. Temperature is 39 this morning. Just heard on the local news, that with all of the school cancellations this year, that instead of getting out on May 30th they will have to go until June 9th.

Most of our area schools go into June. They allow for some snow days but sometimes have to extend the school year because of more snow than expected.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #18245
Certified Cake Maniac

I am trying hard to ignore Violet, which can be a very impossible task when she wants something. She wants food. She has had breakfast already, but decided her crunchies weren't good enough. Instead she wants some of my toasted banana bread (yum!).

Violet loves banana; however, when she gets even a small bite you regret it for hours because of stink! But she knows the smell, even in the warm loaf. What a dog!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #18246
Executive Chef

We don't give my dog much people food because it causes issues you don't want to hear about. But he LOVES Cheerios. They can't be dry, they have to be out of my bowl with the milk on them. As soon as I put them in the bowl he starts to jump around. If I sit down, he will try to jump into my lap. So I dump a spoonful on the floor and hope he eats slowly. LOL
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #18247
Certified Pretend Chef

When we had a dog, we trained him to lie down in his bed while we ate. I didn't care for pets begging at the table. When we were done, the dog made a beeline for the high chair/kid's chair to clean the floor. No question, if you have small children, a dog is a boon for keeping the floor clean.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #18248
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
When we had a dog, we trained him to lie down in his bed while we ate. I didn't care for pets begging at the table. When we were done, the dog made a beeline for the high chair/kid's chair to clean the floor. No question, if you have small children, a dog is a boon for keeping the floor clean.

My son's dog is like Hoover, but our dog only wants certain things. I can't stand a dog begging at the table either. One dog we had would lie quietly under the table and wait for something to fall. I know my husband and kids were passing thing down to him.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #18249
Executive Chef

IT's been a lovely warm sunny day here today. I was watching Mrs Blackbird collecting nesting material to take into a tree on my boundary this morning, 2 blue tits having a tremendous row about something and a bird of prey (a buzzard?) riding the air currents, swooping and soaring and really enjoying him/herself.

Up with the lark at 6.30am. Briefcase packed, showered, hair done, make-up perfect, dressed in most efficient-looking smart casual outfit and sitting in car outside on road by 9am waiting for my passengers to turn up to go to the National Ladies' Luncheon Clubs' conference in Macclesfield...........

.................At 9.15am I suddenly realised that the conference is on 17th March and today is NOT the 17th!!

(Sigh!)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #18250
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
IT's been a lovely warm sunny day here today. I was watching Mrs Blackbird collecting nesting material to take into a tree on my boundary this morning, 2 blue tits having a tremendous row about something and a bird of prey (a buzzard?) riding the air currents, swooping and soaring and really enjoying him/herself.

Up with the lark at 6.30am. Briefcase packed, showered, hair done, make-up perfect, dressed in most efficient-looking smart casual outfit and sitting in car outside on road by 9am waiting for my passengers to turn up to go to the National Ladies' Luncheon Clubs' conference in Macclesfield...........

.................At 9.15am I suddenly realised that the conference was on 17th March and today is NOT the 17th!!

(Sigh!)
Don't you hate when that happens? I do.