"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #18241
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
Just sent grandson off to school. Temperature is 39 this morning. Just heard on the local news, that with all of the school cancellations this year, that instead of getting out on May 30th they will have to go until June 9th.
__________________

__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #18242
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm on my way into the City for my follow-up appointment. Plan to hit a couple of the specialty grocery stores before heading back out to the country. I hope this is the final trip into the City for awhile--I've been to the City four times in seven days. That's more often than I usually hit the City in two months. I almost think I should've packed a lunch...
Goo luck and prayers go with you.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #18243
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I'm on my way into the City for my follow-up appointment. Plan to hit a couple of the specialty grocery stores before heading back out to the country. I hope this is the final trip into the City for awhile--I've been to the City four times in seven days. That's more often than I usually hit the City in two months. I almost think I should've packed a lunch...
Good luck with the appointment. Have fun shopping. Thinking of you.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #18244
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Just sent grandson off to school. Temperature is 39 this morning. Just heard on the local news, that with all of the school cancellations this year, that instead of getting out on May 30th they will have to go until June 9th.

Most of our area schools go into June. They allow for some snow days but sometimes have to extend the school year because of more snow than expected.
__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #18245
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,945
I am trying hard to ignore Violet, which can be a very impossible task when she wants something. She wants food. She has had breakfast already, but decided her crunchies weren't good enough. Instead she wants some of my toasted banana bread (yum!).

Violet loves banana; however, when she gets even a small bite you regret it for hours because of stink! But she knows the smell, even in the warm loaf. What a dog!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #18246
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
We don't give my dog much people food because it causes issues you don't want to hear about. But he LOVES Cheerios. They can't be dry, they have to be out of my bowl with the milk on them. As soon as I put them in the bowl he starts to jump around. If I sit down, he will try to jump into my lap. So I dump a spoonful on the floor and hope he eats slowly. LOL
__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #18247
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,395
When we had a dog, we trained him to lie down in his bed while we ate. I didn't care for pets begging at the table. When we were done, the dog made a beeline for the high chair/kid's chair to clean the floor. No question, if you have small children, a dog is a boon for keeping the floor clean.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #18248
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
When we had a dog, we trained him to lie down in his bed while we ate. I didn't care for pets begging at the table. When we were done, the dog made a beeline for the high chair/kid's chair to clean the floor. No question, if you have small children, a dog is a boon for keeping the floor clean.

My son's dog is like Hoover, but our dog only wants certain things. I can't stand a dog begging at the table either. One dog we had would lie quietly under the table and wait for something to fall. I know my husband and kids were passing thing down to him.
__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #18249
Executive Chef
 
Mad Cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North West England
Posts: 4,170
IT's been a lovely warm sunny day here today. I was watching Mrs Blackbird collecting nesting material to take into a tree on my boundary this morning, 2 blue tits having a tremendous row about something and a bird of prey (a buzzard?) riding the air currents, swooping and soaring and really enjoying him/herself.

Up with the lark at 6.30am. Briefcase packed, showered, hair done, make-up perfect, dressed in most efficient-looking smart casual outfit and sitting in car outside on road by 9am waiting for my passengers to turn up to go to the National Ladies' Luncheon Clubs' conference in Macclesfield...........

.................At 9.15am I suddenly realised that the conference is on 17th March and today is NOT the 17th!!

(Sigh!)
__________________
Mad Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #18250
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
IT's been a lovely warm sunny day here today. I was watching Mrs Blackbird collecting nesting material to take into a tree on my boundary this morning, 2 blue tits having a tremendous row about something and a bird of prey (a buzzard?) riding the air currents, swooping and soaring and really enjoying him/herself.

Up with the lark at 6.30am. Briefcase packed, showered, hair done, make-up perfect, dressed in most efficient-looking smart casual outfit and sitting in car outside on road by 9am waiting for my passengers to turn up to go to the National Ladies' Luncheon Clubs' conference in Macclesfield...........

.................At 9.15am I suddenly realised that the conference was on 17th March and today is NOT the 17th!!

(Sigh!)
Don't you hate when that happens? I do.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.