"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #18271
Executive Chef

Great news CWS!

Old 03-11-2014, 04:05 AM   #18272
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
IT's been a lovely warm sunny day here today. I was watching Mrs Blackbird collecting nesting material to take into a tree on my boundary this morning, 2 blue tits having a tremendous row about something and a bird of prey (a buzzard?) riding the air currents, swooping and soaring and really enjoying him/herself.

Up with the lark at 6.30am. Briefcase packed, showered, hair done, make-up perfect, dressed in most efficient-looking smart casual outfit and sitting in car outside on road by 9am waiting for my passengers to turn up to go to the National Ladies' Luncheon Clubs' conference in Macclesfield...........

.................At 9.15am I suddenly realised that the conference is on 17th March and today is NOT the 17th!!

(Sigh!)
Many a time I had forgotten it was a holiday and headed off to work. Then stood there wondering where all the people were.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #18273
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Once a favorite bartender left for home at 5pm after her all day shift. She returned a couple of hours later and wondered why we were all still there in the same seats.

She had returned home, taken a power nap and when she woke up thought it was time for her to come to work for the next day's shift!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #18274
Certified Cake Maniac

I am trying to figure out the best way to sell my crochet items - Etsy, Craftsy or my own website 'store' with PayPal. Decisions, decisions.

I am also up early because my cough is back and I don't want to keep TB awake. I coughed so bad yesterday I aggravated my sciatica so am dealing with that too. It was sure nice having a few weeks pain free. But at least I know I can do it!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #18275
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am trying to figure out the best way to sell my crochet items - Etsy, Craftsy or my own website 'store' with PayPal. Decisions, decisions.

I am also up early because my cough is back and I don't want to keep TB awake. I coughed so bad yesterday I aggravated my sciatica so am dealing with that too. It was sure nice having a few weeks pain free. But at least I know I can do it!
Are there setup fees? Maybe you should try all three and see what you like?
Old 03-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #18276
Chef Extraordinaire

I've been trying on my three new pairs of glasses that just arrived in the mail. They will take a little getting used to. The 'script is a fair bit stronger than the previous one. The optometrist warned me that they might make me nauseous at first. So far so good.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #18277
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I've been trying on my three new pairs of glasses that just arrived in the mail. They will take a little getting used to. The 'script is a fair bit stronger than the previous one. The optometrist warned me that they might make me nauseous at first. So far so good.
I hope it doesn't take very long.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #18278
Master Chef

Good luck with the new specs taxy. When I was a kid my prescription would change so much I had to be careful to not walk into things, and steps were a real challenge. Hope you adjust quickly.

I'm figuring it's time more work done around here. Perfect day to wash the window over the sink (I can't keep that thing clean what with cooking and washing pots and pans) and put up a fresh valance. Usually I get around to spring cleaning in...July.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #18279
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I hope it doesn't take very long.
Thanks. No nausea so far. Stuff looks a bit weird. There's a bit of curvature. It's a little different at the edges, so stuff looks like it's moving when I turn my head. It's already not quite so weird. But the top of the screen on this laptop still looks wider than the bottom. Ah yes, the joys of aging.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #18280
Certified Cake Maniac

I understand about getting used to new specs, Taxy. Hope it doesn't take too long.

I am sitting in my chair playing computer games and checking out DC. My sciatica flared again and the only two positions that are comfortable are in my recliner half way reclined, or walking which I can only to so much of either at a time. No other chairs or the bed will do.

It is also giving me a chance to design and prep for two cake orders for later this month. They are both birthday cakes so not massive like a wedding cake. I am very excited about getting back into it after several years off (though I have done a few cakes for friends and family).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote