"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #18291
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just got done booking a couple shows for our upcoming trip. Vegas, baby! We'll be there following a niece's graduation in Utah. I've never been there. Got tickets to Absynthe (a sort of Cirque du Soleil circus burlesque) and to Penn and Teller. I wanted to wait until we got there, as deals would be found, but DH was insistant that I book ahead of time.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #18292
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am trying to figure out the best way to sell my crochet items - Etsy, Craftsy or my own website 'store' with PayPal. Decisions, decisions.

I am also up early because my cough is back and I don't want to keep TB awake. I coughed so bad yesterday I aggravated my sciatica so am dealing with that too. It was sure nice having a few weeks pain free. But at least I know I can do it!
I have never tried this myself, but someone posted this link on FaceBook: https://apps.shopify.com/

Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #18293
Certified Cake Maniac

I took TB to the doctor (he has the flu, but needed a doctor's note because 11 drivers called in sick today). After dropping him off I went to Costco and got the rest of my shopping done.

Now I am unpacked and taking a break before I start working on my project of the day - finding one form I need to complete Dad's last income tax. I am combining it with tidying up my craft room.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #18294
Executive Chef

Sitting down to a cup of hot chocolate before I start moving furniture and cleaning. The baseboards went down early in the house finishing phase. The flooring went down late in the process. Due to the nature of laying engineered wood flooring on top of poured concrete; there are uneven crevices between the floor and baseboards. The flooring person is coming tomorrow morning to caulk those joints. Unfortunately a lot of furniture is obscuring those crevices. Fortunately Fedex delivered a bottle of hard to find Navan today. Things always seem to work out, don't they?
Old 03-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #18295
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That sounds like a long project. Lots of careful filing/sanding to get the right melted look uniform along a line and not going too far. Hard on the fingers and hands.
You nailed it. It's very tedious. There are times you need to take a break, but when you do you end up changing the angle you've been trying to maintain when you start back up. Breaking the angle is one step, but trying to maintain a flat surface is another. It probably took me 3 hours/side. But it's close. Like sharpening a chef's knife
Of course if I had a "cheap" $1200 mill I could have had it done in 30 minutes and not have had to deal with file marks, but that's all part of the project
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5 slide.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	20898   Click image for larger version

Name:	6 slide.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	20899  

Old 03-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #18296
Chef Extraordinaire

Anyway... I'm kicking around if I want to move 2 ft drifts of heavy snow out of my driveway tonight and have a smaller amount to deal with tomorrow, which would be like doing it twice in a way... plus it's 23 now. It will be single digits tomorrow morning... hmmm... plus it's windier than heck... from the wrong direction... I may need to deliberate this over a few beers...
Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #18297
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Waiting for the results of my second mammogram. Got called back for more pics after my Friday annual Mammogram. :/
Hopeful thoughts going to you.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #18298
Certified Cake Maniac

I am watching Monkey play with her new toy. Quite simply it is a battery operated (safe) laser beam that moves around at various speeds and directions and she chases after it. It's on a timer and when it stops she continues to search for it. I am going to have to get a video of this.

It sure helps tire her out which is a relief to TB, Violet and I.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #18299
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I have never tried this myself, but someone posted this link on FaceBook: https://apps.shopify.com/
Thanks Taxy, I will check it out.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #18300
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am watching Monkey play with her new toy. Quite simply it is a battery operated (safe) laser beam that moves around at various speeds and directions and she chases after it. It's on a timer and when it stops she continues to search for it. I am going to have to get a video of this.

It sure helps tire her out which is a relief to TB, Violet and I.
I have one of those for the cats, too. They look at it and then wander off. It's rare I can get them to chase the red dot.