"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #18331
Certified Cake Maniac

I decided since I hadn't coughed all night and was feeling pretty good that I would "test the waters" so to speak and I just came home from the pool where I walked almost a kilometer! I wasn't planning to do that much but it just felt good! I will be giving more detail in the weight thread.

I am now taking a break before working on my craft room. It will mostly be sitting and sorting today.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #18332
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I went to start the car and run some errands. It wouldn't start. No noise, no clicks, nothing. While I could've gotten it jumped, I figured that's why I have AAA. Called, and got a jump within a half hour. I knew there was a reason I pay these guys! Now I need to figure out how to reprogram the Sirius radio, it's been years since I last did that. :sigh:

Anndd, I went to start the car again, a bit of buzzing, then nothing. Another call to AAA. This time I think I'll head to the mechanic....

Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #18333
Sous Chef

Just cleaned out the car. Off to Nissan tomorrow morning to test drive a new Sentra. I need something that gets better gas mileage.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #18334
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Watching DVR'd shows...just hanging out...
Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #18335
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Shrek got his first pair of progressive tri-focals yesterday, considering the hard time he had with lined bi-focals, I was hoping this go round would be easier on him and it was. He wouldn't even try progressives for about 8 years...between the optician and I, we got him talked into it and he is a happy boy.
I've been wearing progressive for years. My reading vision is worse than my distance vision. At first I just had reading glasses but I got tired of taking them off and on, so next time I got the progressive. I was way too vain to wear bifocals. I have heard that the stronger your prescription is, the harder it is to get used to progressive.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #18336
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Just cleaned out the car. Off to Nissan tomorrow morning to test drive a new Sentra. I need something that gets better gas mileage.
Take a look at the Honda Civic too. A great small car.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #18337
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Take a look at the Honda Civic too. A great small car.
I looked at the Civic and took a test drive but with my long legs I just couldn't get comfortable. We have a Nissan Rogue now and they have a March sales event with 0% financing for return customers. Soooo.....we"ll see what tomorrow brings.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #18338
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
I looked at the Civic and took a test drive but with my long legs I just couldn't get comfortable. We have a Nissan Rogue now and they have a March sales event with 0% financing for return customers. Soooo.....we"ll see what tomorrow brings.

Good luck. The Sentra is a great car too.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #18339
Certified Cake Maniac

I just finished building the last of my cube furniture for my craft room. It was a double height with shelves for four more photo boxes which I attached on top of the previous set of four. Now I can sort out all the family tree photos I have and they will be neatly tucked away. I should be ready to start taking pictures. It is turning out almost better than I had planned. I still have a long way to go, but I am having fun.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:02 AM   #18340
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I got back home about half an hour ago. I went to spend some time with a friend who is moving to London.

The traffic on the way there was horrible. Today's driving quirk was excessive lane changing. Well, that only lasted till the traffic slowed to a crawl. It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to drive a little less than 30 km, ~18 miles.

At least paying for parking was easy. We have a system where you have to walk to the nearest pay station and enter your parking spot number. It was cold and windy. Then I remembered that I have an app for parking. I sat in the car, out of the wind, and paid for my parking with my phone. I also renewed the spot without having to leave my friend's place.

I got some of her clothes that she doesn't fit any more and some matching place mats and napkins. And now I'm trying to figure out a snack for while I read before going to sleep.