"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #18361
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It wasn't in the same spot it usually is.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:41 AM   #18362
Master Chef

Had a busy day today, and now I'm going to kick back in the recliner and watch a movie until I fall asleep - which won't be long. Kitty is already there and waiting for me.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #18363
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Re-cleaning out the car as we got the Sentra today. Pick it up on Wednesday.
New cars=fun! Even though we buy used, it's still new to us so I get just as excited. Many happy and safe miles ahead. AND be sure to post a picture?
Old 03-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #18364
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I went to start the car and run some errands. It wouldn't start. No noise, no clicks, nothing. While I could've gotten it jumped, I figured that's why I have AAA. Called, and got a jump within a half hour. I knew there was a reason I pay these guys! Now I need to figure out how to reprogram the Sirius radio, it's been years since I last did that. :sigh:

Anndd, I went to start the car again, a bit of buzzing, then nothing. Another call to AAA. This time I think I'll head to the mechanic....

The only time that happened to me when the guy jumped the battery he told me not to shut off the car. I drove directly to Sears (where I had a charge card) and bought a new battery.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #18365
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
They always bring me a box for my stuff. But I usually do things the same day.
I've got a couple boxes "in storage" that were from past vehicles. I transfer what I think I'll need to the new one. [insert crazy spinning eyes emoticon here. it has disappeared.]

One time we were on the way home from the mall and stopped at a dealership and left with a new car. Surprise! When we got home we realized the garage door opener was still in the old car. Oops! We called and they took it into the office.
'
My DIL left her GPS in the old car. Didn't realize it until the next time she needed it. Called the dealership but it was gone. Can't tell me someone didn't find it when they detailed the car.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #18366
Master Chef

Today I went to use my landline phone and it did not work, no dial tone.

I'm not sure how long it has been broken, I have not used it in over a month.

I called the telephone company on my fifteen dollar tracfone, that always seems to work, and the telephone companies computer told me that my line has a problem. The computer told me if I would like the telephone company to fix it I will have to pay a fee for them to come out to look at it and possibly an additional fee to actually make the repairs.

Today may be the end of my landline phone!

I'm not sure if I should dump the landline and just live with the tracfone for the dozen or so calls I make each year or if I should dump them both and get a real cellular phone.

Before I decide to unhook the old landline does anyone know if I can get a cellular plan that will allow me to keep my old landline number.

Thanks B
Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #18367
Chef Extraordinaire

I know people who have a landline # associated with their cell phones.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #18368
Executive Chef

Quote:
I know people who have a landline # associated with their cell phones.

Do you mean that their landline and cell phone have the same number?

My landline is from Comcast, along with my TV and Internet. They have done remote repairs when we have had problems.

It's been a long time since we had Verizon for our phone. Don't remember ever having to pay them to come out, but we don't have a lot of problems with our landline.

I also have a Tracfone and DH has a Verizon cell, because he doesn't want to have to say "Can you hear me now?"

If I were to get rid of the landline, I would go with a different phone than Tracfone. I think I would go with Virgin Mobile. They have a plan with unlimited text and interet for $35, don't know how many talk minutes they have. We don't use our phones much at all, landline or cell.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #18369
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Do you mean that their landline and cell phone have the same number? [snip]
No, they do not have a landline. They have a cell phone that uses a landline #. I don't know if the number is the same number they used to have when they had a landline... If they transferred it, but I'm thinking they must have.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #18370
Master Chef

Quote:
No, they do not have a landline. They have a cell phone that uses a landline #. I don't know if the number is the same number they used to have when they had a landline... If they transferred it, but I'm thinking they must have.
I'm glad CarolPA asked that question, I was getting confused.

I can get phone service from the local cable company or buy a unit from Walmart, they both resemble a landline but, they really are wireless cell phones not landlines. I don't see much advantage to going that route. Too many choices for my poor old head, I will stop at the Verizon store tomorrow and ask a lot of stupid questions, we'll see!