"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #18421
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Working on Continuing Education articles and online courses. Guess I should get ready to go to work.
But, but...I thought those courses WERE work? See, you were working before you were there! Just so long as you didn't show up at the office in jammies...

Old 03-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #18422
Chef Extraordinaire

In Mass. emergency personnel HAVE to respond to every call. That is the law! Almost every town and city in this state has 911E. The "E" stands for "Enhanced." It means as soon as their phone rings, the home owner's address shows up on their screen. But only if you have a land line. They can switch screens and see who lives in the home also. If one of the occupants has an arrest record, the information shows up "RED" on their screen. Then certain licensed 911 operators can switch to another screen to see if this family has a history of violence in the home. Then regardless of what the emergency is for, they will send more than one police vehicle along with other needed equipment.

How do I know all this? Because I have been trained and certified as a 911 and 911E operator. I also worked for a company that developed and installs the software for both programs.

When they were rehabbing this building, the front door of the school was located on Moore Street. They moved the door around the corner to another street. But the legal address remained the same. What used to be the front door is now a two story plate glass window in my small room with three steps leading up to it. I can't tell you how many times the ambulance, fire and police have walked up the steps to my window.

For those who work in this part of Boston on a regular basis, they now know where the front door is located. I no longer have to stand in the window and point to around the corner.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #18423
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm recuperating after a trip to Costco. The trip to Costco was after meeting dragnlaw for lunch. I really enjoyed meeting her. We went to an Indian market afterwards. CWS will know which one we went to. They were still selling "guva".
Old 03-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #18424
Master Chef

I think I'll go back to doing what I was doing before I logged into DC to goof off. I'll be busy with a very serious and important job for a while. What is that? Why scratching my cat, of course!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-19 14.44.02.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	20963  
Old 03-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #18425
Chef Extraordinaire

My SIL stopped by with a big helping of eggplant parm for me. Of course you know it was a bribe for me to do his resume. I seem to be the keeper of family documents in the computer.

I think my daughter is going to have to quit work. She is not handling it all very well. It is just too stressful for her. So he is going to come out of retirement so he can earn more money.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #18426
Chef Extraordinaire

Bea, I don't think I have a lock that needs a master key... or vice versa.
I had another key made this morning and that one works in all my doors, so I have no clue what's up with that other key.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #18427
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Bea, I don't think I have a lock that needs a master key... or vice versa.
I had another key made this morning and that one works in all my doors, so I have no clue what's up with that other key.
It's probably a case of the devil is in the details. It might not be filed quite enough or one notch may be off by just a teensy bit. Last keys I had made wouldn't work at all even though they looked identical. The locksmith filed them a bit and now they work fine.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #18428
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
But, but...I thought those courses WERE work? See, you were working before you were there! Just so long as you didn't show up at the office in jammies...
Hah! I wish, nope on my own time. I don't need any hours anyway, have them all for the year already, but no problem, I read the articles and lessons, may as well take the tests.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #18429
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
It's probably a case of the devil is in the details. It might not be filed quite enough or one notch may be off by just a teensy bit. Last keys I had made wouldn't work at all even though they looked identical. The locksmith filed them a bit and now they work fine.
Yes, probably one pin or notch that's off just enough...
Old 03-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #18430
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm recuperating after a trip to Costco. The trip to Costco was after meeting dragnlaw for lunch. I really enjoyed meeting her. We went to an Indian market afterwards. CWS will know which one we went to. They were still selling "guva".
Is she majestic with magnificent wings like Ramoth???