"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2014, 03:07 AM   #18451
Master Chef

pac, the gun is looking really nice. Can't wait for pics of the finished product. BTW, "Springfield Armory" is about an hour from our house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
...The doctor sent him for X-rays and sure 'nuff, he has a broken rib! From coughing!...
Poor Stirling...and poor you taxy. Unless he's a really easy when he's sick. This broken-rib-from-coughing seems to be going around this year. Hope he's not hurting really soon.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #18452
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, Fi, CG.

This SA is in IL, CG. At least that's what it says on the pistol, Geneseo, IL or something. You might have the "real" SA armory in MA. The one that produced military weapons.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #18453
Certified Cake Maniac

Pac, you are bringing a whole new meaning to guns for me - works of art. The time and love you put into them makes you a true artist...remember though, this is from someone who likes to play with her food! But seriously, that is a thing of beauty.

Speaking of playing with food, I am down to crunch time on my "Frozen" themed cake and nothing is going well. I for got to get milk so have to interrupt it all for a shopping trip.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #18454
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Pac, you are bringing a whole new meaning to guns for me - works of art. The time and love you put into them makes you a true artist...remember though, this is from someone who likes to play with her food! But seriously, that is a thing of beauty.

Speaking of playing with food, I am down to crunch time on my "Frozen" themed cake and nothing is going well. I for got to get milk so have to interrupt it all for a shopping trip.
Well, they aren't cakes... but you know I hate flour

I just finished bending and finagling four large semi-thawed snow crab clusters into my crab steaming pan. Life in the fat lane
Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #18455
Chef Extraordinaire

I just ordered a digital food thermometer. It has an 8" probe, shuts itself off (I always forget) and is waterproof. The reviews are mostly 5 star. It reads quickly and has a large readout so you can see it easily.

The last digital one I had I got at BB&B for about $10. I forgot to shut it off the first time I used it and it died.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #18456
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I just ordered a digital food thermometer. It has an 8" probe, shuts itself off (I always forget) and is waterproof. The reviews are mostly 5 star. It reads quickly and has a large readout so you can see it easily.

The last digital one I had I got at BB&B for about $10. I forgot to shut it off the first time I used it and it died.
Looking forward to seeing it in use.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #18457
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Looking forward to seeing it in use.
I will give a review. I really do try to take care of my cooking tools. But food thermometers are my nemeses. And I am forever burning myself when I go to check something in the oven. I am always afraid to pull the rack out far enough, so I reach far in and end up with a small burn.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #18458
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Sounds good Addie. Let us know how you like it when you get it.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #18459
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Sounds good Addie. Let us know how you like it when you get it.

Will do. I have a bad record for thermometers. According to the reviews, this one should stand up to anything I can do to it.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #18460
Certified Cake Maniac

I am taking a break from my cake. It is all baked, icing made, sugar decorations made and I am just allowing the cakes to rest and settle before cutting and carving. I am hoping to do it tonight, but it looks more like it will be early in the morning. I have until 5 pm and once it is carved, it only needs to be iced and the decorations added.

So, I am doing a last check here at DC, going to play on my computer game and then go to bed.

'Night all!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote