"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #18491
Master Chef

Thanks, all. I *think* she could have been on her cellphone, but didn't see it so can't be sure. She is a traveling nurse from a neighboring city and admitted to not being sure whether to turn north or south onto the boulevard.

It did more damage to her 2014 Mercedes than it did to my 10 year old Camry!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #18492
Certified Pretend Chef

Thank stinks, Cheryl. Glad you weren't hurt.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #18493
Master Chef

Thank you, Andy.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #18494
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just got back from 6 very long days, 3 in Utah near Zion State Park for a niece's graduation and WAY too much family time, and 2.5 days in Vegas, where food is great and extremely expensive. We saw Absinthe, which was wonderful, and Penn and Teller, which was crappy. Get to pick up Beagle from the kennel tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #18495
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here giggling to myself thinking about the bobby pins turning into wire coat hangers. That is priceless. As you can tell, it doesn't take much to amuse me. I have to get a life. I will if it ever gets warm again.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #18496
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Just got back from 6 very long days, 3 in Utah near Zion State Park for a niece's graduation and WAY too much family time, and 2.5 days in Vegas, where food is great and extremely expensive. We saw Absinthe, which was wonderful, and Penn and Teller, which was crappy. Get to pick up Beagle from the kennel tomorrow.

Were you able to go out to Zion? We loved it there! Too bad about the Penn and Teller show 😞 and the high priced eats in Vegas. I noticed that any time you eat in a hotel the food is over priced except for some buffets. I bet Beagle will be glad to see you!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #18497
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post

Were you able to go out to Zion? We loved it there! Too bad about the Penn and Teller show dde1e and the high priced eats in Vegas. I noticed that any time you eat in a hotel the food is over priced except for some buffets. I bet Beagle will be glad to see you!
Yes, Bunny, Zion was gorgeous! I'll try to post some pics in Random Photos, providing some of mine turned out! The Vegas strip was fascinating with all the goings-on and people. We don't gamble, but there was tons of other stuff to see and do. DH and I share entrees, we would never be able to justify $58 pp for a buffet. We discussed it, and agreed neither of us could eat that much!

The Bellagio, where we stayed, has a beautiful fountain show set to music, our room was right over top of it. Cool place.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #18498
Master Chef

Isn't Zion amazing??! My family and I used to go camping near Zion and Bryce Canyon when I was growing up. It's incredible!

The water fountains at the Bellagio are pretty spectacular...glad you got to see them. Did you get a chance to walk through the botanical gardens? We spent a lot of time just on the Bellagio grounds last time I was there.

Sorry to hear that Penn and Teller wasn't what you expected. I've never seen their show. Kind of a letdown, I'm sure, you seemed excited to see them and put some work into booking the show. Glad you're back safe and sound, and I'm sure Beagle will be so happy to see you!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #18499
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks Cheryl! Loved Zion. DH's parents are both in their 80‘s, and on canes, so we couldn't venture too far into the park, but we saw lots of mule deer and beautiful rock formations.

We will stay at Bellagio again. The tulips were in bud and about ready to pop in the conservatory, would have loved to see them in bloom.

Wished I'd booked Seinfeld instead of P&T. Zombie Burlesque sounded fun too. DH wasn't too thrilled when I suggested we could go to the Chippendale show since we were already at the Rio for P&T.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #18500
Master Chef

LOL, can't imagine why....