"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #18541
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just tried to move the slate and steel coffee table with my knee...you know I didn't move it AT all.

You're just going to have to try harder. Did you try running at it at full speed and tackling it with your shoulder? (gotta take it easy on the knees)
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #18542
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,641
I rented a concrete saw at Home Depot over the weekend and just realized they didn't credit me the $100 deposit I left on my on my CC. I was just going through my CC statement on line and just noticed this.
__________________

__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:44 PM   #18543
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Tonight is the condo association's annual meeting. I'm putting off prepping to give the treasurer's report. Maybe after lunch...
I was up for re-election to the Board of Trustees tonight. Usually there is no opposition but two different residents expressed an interest in running for a seat on the Board. All candidates prepared a brief statement to describe their qualifications/reason for running.

When the other candidates realized I was the opposition, they both withdrew because, as one said at the meeting tonight, "Even though I'm running, I'm going to vote for you because you're awesome!". I was re-elected by acclamation.

I told SO when I got home. She was not impressed and I have come back to earth once again.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #18544
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,292
That's OK Andy. We who have never met you still think you're pretty AND awesome.



I'm listening to baseball! In spite of raining out in Oakland all day and then some, the clouds parted and the sun came out about an hour before the game started. That's because I've heard it mentioned that baseball is the only game created by God. Hope he's an Indians fan.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #18545
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
That's OK Andy. We who have never met you still think you're pretty AND awesome.

I'm deeply moved! Thanks

...That's because I've heard it mentioned that baseball is the only game created by God. Hope he's an Indians fan.
Based on the Indians' record over the past several years, I'd suggest you might want to rethink that.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #18546
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

I was up for re-election to the Board of Trustees tonight. Usually there is no opposition but two different residents expressed an interest in running for a seat on the Board. All candidates prepared a brief statement to describe their qualifications/reason for running.

When the other candidates realized I was the opposition, they both withdrew because, as one said at the meeting tonight, "Even though I'm running, I'm going to vote for you because you're awesome!". I was re-elected by acclamation.

I told SO when I got home. She was not impressed and I have come back to earth once again.
Congrats Awesome Treasurer Andy M!

DH took a nasty tumble down the stairs Saturday and re-wrecked his previously messed up knee. Do not wear flip-flops with socks. I spent the day fielding phone calls from DH at the doctor's offices and looking for the cane I used when I broke my ankle a few years ago. I finally found it, it folds up really small, and was tucked into the bathroom closet. They don't know if anything is broken yet.

The next few weeks should be really fun. I plan to turn into Nurse Ratchet.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #18547
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Congrats Awesome Treasurer Andy M!

DH took a nasty tumble down the stairs Saturday and re-wrecked his previously messed up knee. Do not wear flip-flops with socks. I spent the day fielding phone calls from DH at the doctor's offices and looking for the cane I used when I broke my ankle a few years ago. I finally found it, it folds up really small, and was tucked into the bathroom closet. They don't know if anything is broken yet.

The next few weeks should be really fun. I plan to turn into Nurse Ratchet.
That really sucks, DL. I hope it's not serious and he can be up and about soon.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 PM   #18548
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

That really sucks, DL. I hope it's not serious and he can be up and about soon.
Thanks Andy. I hope so too. Patience is not one of his virtues.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:37 PM   #18549
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,325
Oh no, Dawg.... best wishes to Mr. Dawg for a speedy recovery.

Andy, congrats! The others must have felt that if it wasn't broken, don't fix it!

Princess....ouch...! I hope you don't wake up with pain in the morning.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:51 PM   #18550
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,135
Thanks Cheryl!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.