What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whew! A redeeming quality, and a good reason to keep her!
After 48 years, in December, it's too late to quit;
But she only makes a Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte about 3 times per year, homemade from scratch spaetzle about 4 times a year, maultaschen 2 times a year, fresh goose once per year, and koenigsberger klopse once every 2 or 3 years!

Last edited:
babetoo said:
taking a break from knitting. can't sit to long in one place, afraid i will pass out again.

Eek! Have you seen the doc lately? All this fainting isn't good.

justplainbill said:
After 48 years, in December, it's too late to quit;
But she only makes a Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte about 3 times per year, homemade from scratch spaetzle about 4 times a year, maultaschen 2 times a year, fresh goose once per year, and koenigsberger klopse once every 2 or 3 years!

Good grief. That's it? You are indeed deprived, Bill. :ROFLMAO:

Happy Birthday Kylie!!!

I am shortly taking off to the pool again. I am determined to learn how to lap swim. I had a swim lesson yesterday. I am still learning the coordination of breathing right along with floating, moving my arms & kicking correctly all at the same time.

Thanks so much SB :)

Good luck with your swimming

That's because six months from today is Christmas and you're worried about finishing your shopping.

You have no idea how on target you are, Andy. I have nearly half our Christmas shopping done already. Well, that's because I have been making many of the gifts we'll be giving and some of them are quite involved and time-consuming. Plus, if I'm going to have my hands in a cast for 6 weeks each, I have to get things done now while I'm sans plaster.

But my mind is still all bollixed up.:LOL: I'll blame it on our excessive heat.

Katie H said:
You have no idea how on target you are, Andy. I have nearly half our Christmas shopping done already. Well, that's because I have been making many of the gifts we'll be giving and some of them are quite involved and time-consuming. Plus, if I'm going to have my hands in a cast for 6 weeks each, I have to get things done now while I'm sans plaster.

But my mind is still all bollixed up.:LOL: I'll blame it on our excessive heat.

I still vote for July 35th.

Katie H said:
Only if we get to choose how old we'll be on that first July 35th.:rolleyes:

How's this: On the first July 35th, we automatically lop off 20 years. After that, it will be a one or two year lop with each additional July 35th.

Eek! Have you seen the doc lately? All this fainting isn't good.

yes, was in the e.r. on friday after i fainted and needed staples to close the gash on my head. go to dr on wed. to get them removed. i'm sure he will order more tests. at the e.r. i had MRI and EKG and one other i don't remember the name. all was well. they said i probably sat in one place for too long. i am not sure i am buying that. we shall see.

babetoo said:
yes, was in the e.r. on friday after i fainted and needed staples to close the gash on my head. go to dr on wed. to get them removed. i'm sure he will order more tests. at the e.r. i had MRI and EKG and one other i don't remember the name. all was well. they said i probably sat in one place for too long. i am not sure i am buying that. we shall see.

Oh my gosh Babetoo! Take good care of yourself. My mom went through a time where she was fainting lots, and they ended up changing all kinds of meds before getting her straightened out. Keep after those doctors!

I don't know, I don't mind getting older...someone has to do it..:)

The problem with getting older is that it is hard work. Just when you think you have one problem solved, another creeps in. Your A1c is perfect, and then your joints start to ache. So you get a pill for that and then it is something else. You walk slower, take twice as long to finish a chore, get tired more easily. But when some says how are you feeling, you answer "fine." And you really want to believe it. :ermm:

I disagree. Getting older is not hard work. I haven't done any hard work for a decade or so and I keep getting older. I guess I have the newer, automatic aging version.

Back
Top Bottom