"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #18711
Master Chef

How fun, Laurie! Did you get a cricut? My daughter has one of those and it turns out some incredible crafts. She has a blast with it.

Congratulations on the jobs you've already got lined up!

Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #18712
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
How fun, Laurie! Did you get a cricut? My daughter has one of those and it turns out some incredible crafts. She has a blast with it.

Congratulations on the jobs you've already got lined up!
Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I got the newest Cricut, the Explore. You don't have to rely so much on the cartridges and can now use your own designs. But it does still take the cartridges - just uploads the images to the software. I have a Cricut Cake, though they have phased that one out...it isn't as good as I thought it would be. But I know people with the paper cutters and they wouldn't trade them for the world. I got a cartridge today at Michael's on sale (that doesn't happen much with Cricut) and it makes the boxes I was mentioning.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #18713
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I'm having a case of spring fever. Been so busy cleaning, going through closets, putting away winter clothing in the guest room closet, changing out the winter bedspreads for the summer ones, deadheading my 'mums, just generally gettin' stuff done.
You certainly have a lot of faith in Mother Nature. Putting away winter clothing? Good Luck!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:38 AM   #18714
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I got the newest Cricut, the Explore. You don't have to rely so much on the cartridges and can now use your own designs. But it does still take the cartridges - just uploads the images to the software. I have a Cricut Cake, though they have phased that one out...it isn't as good as I thought it would be. But I know people with the paper cutters and they wouldn't trade them for the world. I got a cartridge today at Michael's on sale (that doesn't happen much with Cricut) and it makes the boxes I was mentioning.
Well, you are the lucky one. Good luck with your new Cricut. I have a crafty friend that has one. I suggested to my daughter that she contact her to do the invitations for my birthday party. They came out beautiful. You would think they were from Hallmark's most expensive line. You are going to have so much fun with your new toy.

Please, do take some pictures of your work and let us see it. I am looking forward to seeing them.

I would love to have an embroidering sewing machine, But I don't have the room for anything else in this apartment. Studio apartments don't hold very much.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:01 AM   #18715
Executive Chef

Quote:
Oh, Carol, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for the injured and their families. Did they get the suspect(s)?

Yes, he was a sophomore at the school. Quiet and kept to himself. From the time I was a teen, way back when, I was always told that it is the quiet ones you have to watch. You never know what's on their mind. The kids who are openly aggressive and disruptive lay everything out on the table. You know where you stand with them.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #18716
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You certainly have a lot of faith in Mother Nature. Putting away winter clothing? Good Luck!
I suppose I've lived in the CA desert long enough to know when winter is over.... It's not like I can't get to a sweatshirt if I do need one, which is highly unlikely. They're just in the guest room.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #18717
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Yes, he was a sophomore at the school. Quiet and kept to himself. From the time I was a teen, way back when, I was always told that it is the quiet ones you have to watch. You never know what's on their mind. The kids who are openly aggressive and disruptive lay everything out on the table. You know where you stand with them.
Yes, remember the Columbine shooters? They were quiet as well, if I remember correctly. These things are so senseless and tragic.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #18718
Master Chef

Quote:
Have fun with it, Laurie! I'd love to see the boxes, I bet my daughter would love that cartridge for her Cricut.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #18719
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm trying to get rid of this annoying pulled muscle in my neck that's giving me a headache.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Old 04-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #18720
Chef Extraordinaire

I am getting ready to go out the door. My daughters birthday present finally arrived. Her birthday was March 21st. Better late than never I guess. It is a sterling silver necklace with the word "hope."