"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-20-2011, 02:41 AM   #181
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Finished the turkey stock, need to shred the meat from the drumsticks and wing. Just waiting for it to cool down.

Tomorrow is laundry, trash and may have to go in to finish some more work day. I've been running the office on my own this past week, doing the work of 4 people. Not fun.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #182
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Hope you will be feeling better soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
So sorry to hear that, Kezlehan. Sure hope things get better.
Thank you We were actually there for my mum not me, but after a good nights sleep, I'm feeling a little better after a very stressful day. Who knew sitting in a hospital could be so tiring!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:24 AM   #183
Chef Extraordinaire

it's worse when you are there for someone you love. hope your mom is well, kez. get some rest.

1 hour, 40 minutes to go. boring night. routine maintenance work all night. i hate vacuuming off consoles and monitors and running diagnostic tests all night.

looking forward tio bringing home eggs and pancakes for everyone as a surprise, though.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #184
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
it's worse when you are there for someone you love. hope your mom is well, kez. get some rest.

1 hour, 40 minutes to go. boring night. routine maintenance work all night. i hate vacuuming off consoles and monitors and running diagnostic tests all night.

looking forward tio bringing home eggs and pancakes for everyone as a surprise, though.
Ugh, maintenance. Looking through log files, running sys checks, monitoring backups, running updates. All that stuff is better than doing nothing, but not by much.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #185
Chef Extraordinaire

boy, you said it, pag! an hour and 9 minutes to go...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #186
Executive Chef

I've got 9 minutes left. They will take their time though.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #187
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
Since I decided to retire (nobody wanted to give me a job!) I've been putting all my efforts into my house to maybe win back some of the depreciation from the economy crash. Inside, along with a thorough cleaning, I am replacing all the screens with pet resistant material, I took down my bedroom curtains and washed them, removed the old (dirty) white 2-inch metal blinds that came with the house and replaced them with 1-inch dark walnut wood blinds, and put the curtains back up. It looks like a different room. I still need to get someone in to steam clean my couch and love seat. The floors are either hardwood or ceramic tile, so the rugs I can clean with my little Bissel machine.
Sounds like Uber Spring Cleaning -- what will you do when spring cleaning time comes next March or April?? Of course, with your wonderful weather, it's probably hard to see the season changes , so that now is as good as ever. Perhaps when your house and yard are finished, you'll just put your feet up for a while and sit back with a cold drink in your hand and a smile on your face.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #188
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
Thank you, it means a lot
Old 11-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #189
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
Back home from the hospital. Worst day ever. Sat in bed now, with the laptop, watching Come Dine With Me on the TV, with a can of cider. Muchly needed. Stressful day.

hope your mom makes a swift recovery and be home soon. hospital time can feel like an alien time warp. it's sure no fun, ever.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #190
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
hope your mom makes a swift recovery and be home soon. hospital time can feel like an alien time warp. it's sure no fun, ever.
Thank you, all your kind words really do mean a lot.

« Petty Vents | - »