What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
What grade do you teach?
Well, I'll be starting my 3rd year of high school LifeSkills class. My students are lower-functioning autistic or intellectually impaired kids ranging in age from 14 to 20 yo. My class is funded by a cooperative of 3 schools. All of my students next year happen to be from the same very small, financially struggling district. They want to house 2 of the co-op classes to save transportation costs. So I'm leaving my nice, big, fresh looking room for an odd shaped room with no storage and no attached bathroom. :( I'll make it work. I always have in the past when I traveled between 3 buildings daily.

Well, I'll be starting my 3rd year of high school LifeSkills class. My students are lower-functioning autistic or intellectually impaired kids ranging in age from 14 to 20 yo. My class is funded by a cooperative of 3 schools. All of my students next year happen to be from the same very small, financially struggling district. They want to house 2 of the co-op classes to save transportation costs. So I'm leaving my nice, big, fresh looking room for an odd shaped room with no storage and no attached bathroom. :( I'll make it work. I always have in the past when I traveled between 3 buildings daily.

Bless you for taking on those kids. My Step-Daughter teaches the same kids at the grade school level. I know you will do great in the new classroom, it will work.

We are getting more Developmentally Delayed and Downs Elderly admitted to our facility. There is no place else for them to go when they can no longer be cared for in their group homes.

Laurie, this is going to be a year of 'firsts.' The first time you and your father aren't together to watch the opener of the CFL. The first of many things that are going to invoke memories. Try to dwell only on the happy part of those memories. It will get easier as time passes. I promise. :angel:
Thanks, Addie. Yes, there will be easy firsts and hard firsts. In a way this was an easy one because he was right there in my heart cheering and shouting right along with me. He put the love of sports (and music) in me and it is something I will always treasure! :) I know there are firsts that will be more difficult and then it will get easier someday.

I am just thankful that I can still watch the games and enjoy them. It would be a shame if my loss would take that away and I know Dad wouldn't want that.

We have been in the kitchen most of the afternoon making Lemon Curd and Sweet Pastry for our Lemon Curd Tart...it tuned out perfectly, looks brilliant!

We have not tried any as yet, waiting till after tea to have some.

I tried a bit of the lemon curd and it was very tasty and also a bit of the pastry, very nice!

Steve and I then snuggled up on the lounge with the quilt and watched some Masterchef :)

Waking up...don't know what is in store for the day.

An update of Shrek please. How is the wound doing? And how are you enjoying your vacation?

I am in a really good mood today. I have to call my daughter to see if she is home. I want to go up to her house and sit out in the yard. I was going to do some housework, but it can wait. Son #1 just left with Teddy. We finally figured out why he walks so slow outside. He is pouting. When he can't walk where he wants to, he slows down and acts like he is exhausted. But if you let him go his way, he is full of spit and vinegar. Spoiled little brat! :rolleyes:

Shrek is in a critical mood today. Healing well. I may just go back to bed.

If he is grouchy then you know he is getting well.

I went to my daughter's to sit in the yard and do some sewing. What a mistake that was. It is 89ºF. right now. I started to have trouble breathing, so I came home. I could have gone upstairs to her apartment, but the stairs are so steep. Climbing them would have created more problems than the breathing ones. :)

I've been growing a pineapple from a sliced-off top for several years. It finally turned yellow, so I sliced it off the stem this morning and am just about ready to peel and taste it. Fresh pineapples were $2.99 at the grocery story recently -- I wonder how they make money on them when they are so slow growing.

tinlizzie said:
I've been growing a pineapple from a sliced-off top for several years. It finally turned yellow, so I sliced it off the stem this morning and am just about ready to peel and taste it. Fresh pineapples were $2.99 at the grocery story recently -- I wonder how they make money on them when they are so slow growing.

Congrats! A friend who lives in Mexico does this a lot, hers take about 6 months to a year to produce a pineapple. She plants the tops directly in the ground after they've rooted. I tried rooting a top, it rotted. :(

Just got back from the pool, no rugrats! Got to float around in peace and read Kindle in her waterproof case, lovely.

Last edited:
I have not been up for long, have just had coffee and now going o have some breakfast...then unfortunately, I have a massive load of ironing to do :rolleyes:

I'm getting ready for a beer festival here in town. Wife is my dd, so I'm good to drink. Happy dance for me.

That sounds like a lot of fun LTS...great that your wife will be doing the driving, more beer for you
banana.gif

She drinks very few micro beers. She is more of a corona, bud light gal. Which they don't have there. Plus as much as I read/talk about micro beer she wouldn't have the heart to ask me to be dd. She rocks.

That is really good to have such an understanding, loving wife :)

My Steve is the same, he would do that for me too and vice versa ;)

I hope the weather is good beer drinking weather for you :)

That is funny that he was named after Stirling Moss :LOL:

I too love to drive and I also like long drives in the countryside :)

Back
Top Bottom