"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #19171
Certified Pretend Chef

Just got back from getting BOTH of my gas bottles filled. I should be set for a while now. Also checked out the grilling and smoking supplies at the hardware store. I bought some baby backs from Costco on Saturday and I have a new rub recipe to try out. I think ribs are in our future this week.

Note: The ribs get done on the Weber kettle with charcoal and hickory chips.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #19172
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Postcard perfect day here today. Moderate temp, sunshine, slight continuous breeze and LOW humidity. The last part is what we appreciate the most. We'll be sweltering before we know it.

I planted about a half dozen 5-gallon containers with tomatoes, etc. yesterday so this morning Bella and I began our daily morning watering ritual. She's very conscientious about her watering supervisory duties so, of course, a good job was done.

The ornamental fruit trees around the front porch are a bit unkempt so I think, after lunch, I'll grab the pruners and tidy them up a bit. They do look a bit unruly and, with the lower limbs so close to the ground, it makes it difficult for Glenn to get under them with the tractor to mow. Besides, they look so pretty when they get a decent haircut. I'll use any excuse to be outside on a day like today.

When I finish with the trees I might be able to talk myself into some time on the back porch resting in the hammock listening to a good audio book I have going.

Dinner's in the crock-pot so I can do as I wish, when I wish today. Love days like this.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #19173
Certified Cake Maniac

I am doing a happy dance - in my mind, anyway!

My Taichi (notebook/tablet) came back from the computer hospital a few minutes ago and I am able to rest and be online at the same time once again! They replaced the AC adapter and the battery and it seems to be charging okay now. A few things are gone, but we did a full back-up just before it stopped working.

I don't consider myself tied to the computer, but I do have to say that this one is a bit of a lifeline for me...or at least I found that out by not having it for a month.

I had a rough pain and coughing night, getting only 3 hours sleep. I was supposed to go to the dentist with TB this morning, but could never be able to sit in the chair, and wouldn't want to be coughing the whole time if I could. I am also on a second run of antibiotic for the bronchitis and that is causing other problems. But I can't complain, I have my furbabies here and it is pouring out so a good day to stay curled up.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #19174
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm sitting on the couch trying to warm up my hands and feet, which of course includes eating, lol.
It was so nice out I decided to mow the yard before trying out my new chainsaw, so of course the sun went in and it dropped back down into the forties. I should have put on a pair of gloves, but I was being stubborn and just wanted to get done.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #19175
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I had a rough pain and coughing night, getting only 3 hours sleep.
Oof! How long has that been going on? Seems like a long time. Did you ever have pneumonia before. I've heard that if a person has then recurrent lung/bronchial problems are harder to treat. (Don't know if that's true---- may be just a myth).
Old 05-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #19176
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
Oof! How long has that been going on? Seems like a long time. Did you ever have pneumonia before. I've heard that if a person has then recurrent lung/bronchial problems are harder to treat. (Don't know if that's true---- may be just a myth).
No, cave, it is totally true and yes, I have had recurring bronchitis and pneumonia, which is why I am on more antibiotic. I have been good for several years now, but it hit me hard because my immune system is compromised by the anemia from my liver/gallbladder fiasco and from my chronic pain and other conditions.

I will be going back to the doctor on Thursday but can go to a clinic before if I need to.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #19177
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'm sitting on the couch trying to warm up my hands and feet, which of course includes eating, lol.
It was so nice out I decided to mow the yard before trying out my new chainsaw, so of course the sun went in and it dropped back down into the forties. I should have put on a pair of gloves, but I was being stubborn and just wanted to get done.
And hopefully that stubbornness doesn't give you a cold....or pneumonia!

Old 05-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #19178
Chef Extraordinaire

Spike and I went shopping at seven this morning. We were the only shoppers there until just before eight. By then we were through. So since we came home I have been napping and pigging out on Hershey's little chocolate bars and dill pickles. I only eat the dark chocolate and leave the rest for anyone who want them. Right now I am thinking of making a Baked Virginia ham and Swiss cheese sandwich on rustic bread.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #19179
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

I will be going back to the doctor on Thursday but can go to a clinic before if I need to.
Let us know what the M.D. says----- or if you have to go to a clinic. It's scary when something doesn't get cleared up in the 'normal' amount of time. Take care.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #19180
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So since we came home I have been napping and pigging out on Hershey's little chocolate bars and dill pickles.
Are you PG?

« Midnite Oil Cafe | - »