What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is funny that he was named after Stirling Moss :LOL:

I too love to drive and I also like long drives in the countryside :)
His parents were big into F1.

Right now I am reading Old SF (part of the John Grimes Saga by A. Bertram Chandler), keeping up here, and enjoying an ice café au lait with crème de cacao.

We have just been watching Junior Masterchef...gee some of those kids can cook :chef:

Off to bed now...Steve is back to work tomorrow, so an earlier night :)

Catch you all tomorrow :)

I'm happy to report that the pineapple was very sweet and delicious. I'm thinking I may as well stick the top into some soil rather than just pitching it out. That "may as well" thing is a slippery slope -- all set about with leftover tomato seeds, avocado seeds, melon seeds.......and little pots of dirt to keep moist.

it must be nice to be able to grow your own pineapple, tl. doesn't it take a pretty long time (or so i've heard)?

has anyone seen a guy named androcles?

i need to find someone to help me pull a thorn from my paw, er, i mean foot. as we shot off some bottle rockets last night, i managed to step on a thorn from a rose bush that was pruned earlier in the day. i shouldn't have gone out barefoot. now it's all red and swollen.

i have a brand new pair of mini wirecutters that might do the trick.

it must be nice to be able to grow your own pineapple, tl. doesn't it take a pretty long time (or so i've heard)?

has anyone seen a guy named androcles?

i need to find someone to help me pull a thorn from my paw, er, i mean foot. as we shot off some bottle rockets last night, i managed to step on a thorn from a rose bush that was pruned earlier in the day. i shouldn't have gone out barefoot. now it's all red and swollen.

i have a brand new pair of mini wirecutters that might do the trick.
Tweezers! Your wife has some. Wire cutters will cut the thorn and make it shorter and harder to pull out.

yeah, i tried tweezers. it just pushed it in deeper. i need to hack away some skin to get to it.
I find the easiest way to remove some skin for removing splinters, etc. is with a needle or safety pin (safety pins are easier to hold). Be sure to wash the foot and sterilize the needle first. You can sterilize the needle with a flame, just remember to let it cool off before using it. If you have some medicinal hydrogen peroxide, that's good stuff to pour on the wound. It might even bubble out the thorn.

yeah, i tried tweezers. it just pushed it in deeper. i need to hack away some skin to get to it.

Soak your foot in warm water first, then the thorn should be easier to pull out with tweezers. No skin hacking!!!

Otherwise, I have a hatchet...

We're getting ready to go on a two-week trip to Michigan to visit family and head up the western shore to Sleeping Bear Dunes. Lots of cleaning and packing today.

lol, no no no no.

i got it. one little snip with the sterilized cutters and i squuezed it out. a teeny liitle tip of a thorn. then i crazy glued the little flap of skin back down. viola'! i can go back to eating christians.

Right at this moment? Going absolutely bonkers with a weirdo morning. I wake very early (when I sleep "in" at all, which usually means I'm thrilled to wake when the sun is up). Good start to the day, right? We'd decided on a cold pasta salad for supper, and that's my big thing. Cook when the kitchen is cooler. So I put some "gourmet" pasta my husband wanted to try. Now, picture it, husband asleep. I was going back and forth between my novel and the computer and the bathroom (like many old houses, bathroom is in back of the kitchen). I checked the pasta, way, way to firm. So went into use the bathroom, we're talking a minute or so, came back out and the pasta was mush. I was just furious. Left it in the strainer until husband woke and came down and asked him to taste it, and I knew he'd agree, trash. So I started another pot of water boiling and the rest of the bag of the "gourmet" pasta, and, since I had back-up (husband to potty the dog, watch the water if I needed to pee, etc), started over. I made the pasta and took it to where I thought it was a little too "al dente" and husband agreed with me, just trash the stuff. If I'd had some eggs in the house I'd have made a fritata, but as it was, just threw it out. I HATE to throw out food, period. And this was expensive crap. Then I grabbed a bag of tried and true, Barilla, and started over. Now we're talking three times, in a not air conditioned kitchen. Then my dog is barking her head off. She isn't a yapper, so I looked out and found a man walking through my yard. Huh? He looked sort of like my yard guy, I thought, but Sunday? Then I heard a power saw and realized ... well, it goes on and on. Bad morning. All in all, it's OK, it was just $10 worth of useless flour and water and effort and too much heat in the kitchen. The yard guys are just taking down a neighbor's tree, that had fallen (and luckily only nicked a gutter, that said neighbor has already told me he would repair). But just one of those days where all this happened when DH was asleep or up performing his abultions. One of those days, I guess.

lol, no no no no.

i got it. one little snip with the sterilized cutters and i squuezed it out. a teeny liitle tip of a thorn. then i crazy glued the little flap of skin back down. viola'! i can go back to eating christians.

Gotta love crazy glue.

I'm listening to the rain and smelling that special fresh air that comes with the rain. We had a backyard party yesterday and today will be spend setting the house to rights. We're supposed to go to a BBQ to celebrate Canada Day but with this rain I'll be surprised if it happens.

Hi everyone :)

I have recently got out of bed...Steve is going back to work today so up at 5.0am every morning again :rolleyes:

Today I have to get stuck into the housework and get a few things from the shops

Hope you are all having a nice day/night :)

i had a drivers license but never drove. took lessons, got license and a car. it scares the hell out of me. i start to shake, my mind goes numb and i can't think what i am supposed to do.so best i stay off the roads.

Babetoo, you should give it a try :)

I was very a bit sceptical at first with driving too...but for me it was more the test, as I dont particularly like tests of any sort!

Actual driving though is wonderful, you just have to be a safe driver and be very alert

I know it is annoying with idiots on the roads but if you drive well and safely you can usually avoid any incidents with bad drivers :)

Enjoying sitting with my feet up after a challenging weekend. We had several caterings, large groups twice a day for 3 days. Glad our busiest weekend of the year is behind us.

I am all rugged up on the recliner with the quilt watching Criminal Minds...love that show...but now I have to move sadly as I must get to the shops, need to buy some bits and pieces

goofing off right now. somehow i got involved in cleaning out kitchen cupboards. my gosh there was a lot of stuff i haven't even used. and spices to old to be any good. good feeling though.

Back
Top Bottom