"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #19201
Chef Extraordinaire

I am fiddling with my hair.
Apparently today's lumberjacking got some pine sap in my hair and it is quite sticky and feels like I've got the "Alfalfa" thing going on on the side of my head.
I don't even know if shampoo will take this out. Nor do I really feel like washing my hair tonight.
I know what might take it out. Peroxide...

Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #19202
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Big, old white patch of hair...

Hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol will dissolve the sap. Even veg oil or mayo will work, too.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #19203
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Apparently today's lumberjacking got some pine sap in my hair and it is quite sticky and feels like I've got the "Alfalfa" thing going on on the side of my head.
I don't even know if shampoo will take this out. Nor do I really feel like washing my hair tonight.

Unless you're already blond, or want to look like Marilyn Monroe, I'd suggest something like GooGone or peanut butter. WD40 also takes out pine sap.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #19204
Chef Extraordinaire

Gotcha.
I used rubbing alcohol. Of course I had to Google it first... or I might have used peroxide

I just finished slicing up three bell peppers, an onion and a poblano, putting them in a bowl and dousing in oil and a heavy sprinkling of Acapulco Gold, and making sure I had some fajita shells
Old 05-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #19205
Executive Chef

Quote:

I just finished slicing up three bell peppers, an onion and a poblano, putting them in a bowl and dousing in oil and a heavy sprinkling of Acapulco Gold, and making sure I had some fajita shells
Pray what is this Acapulco Gold you may refer to? I know what I think it is, but does it now come in Rub Form?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #19206
Executive Chef

I completed raking the front yard and blvd today. Now mind you, I live on a hillside, so it's all down-hill. Took 4 days. Apparently I am not as fast as I used-to-was-be. A little bit at a time. It's not a horse-race. Will start the back yard tomorrow and then we may get a few days of rain. I could use a breather.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #19207
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Pray what is this Acapulco Gold you may refer to? I know what I think it is, but does it now come in Rub Form?
TASTY LICKS ACAPULCO GOLD TEX-MEX RUB AND SEASONING
Old 05-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #19208
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
When I was a kid we used to get sap off our hands with anything greasy, like mayo, butter, or veg oil.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #19209
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't think I ever cleaned the sap from my hands when I was a kid

I was sitting here thinking what would make a killer sauce for my fajitas. Something I haven't done before. And it hit me, what about those hot sauces someone brought me back from Mexico?

So I took the three small bottles out of the packaging. I opened each, putting a finger over the top for a taste test. I didn't really notice much of a difference between the habernero red, green and orange. So I spooned some sour cream into a container and grabbed the orange bottle, took the top back off and gave it a shake... only to realize that the tops of the bottles were full neck size. No plastic thingy and not necked down like tobasco bottles. Needless to say this is going to be a killer sauce. A taste test gave me the hiccups And the sour cream is still white!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #19210
Certified Pretend Chef

WE use to have a giant pine tree in front of the condo and it dripped pine sap on our cars all summer. We were outside with a bottle of rubbing alcohol and paper towels just about every day cleaning sap drops off the car. Eventually the tree was removed.