"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #19261
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
. As I said---- the War on Drugs is being waged against the wrong people.
This a.m.----

"The decades-long global war on drugs has failed and it's time to shift the focus from mass incarceration to public health and human rights, according to a new report endorsed by five Nobel Prize-winning economists."

"The pursuit of a militarized and enforcement-led global ‘war on drugs’ strategy has produced enormous negative outcomes and collateral damage," says the 82-page report. "These include mass incarceration in the US, highly repressive policies in Asia, vast corruption and political destabilization in Afghanistan and West Africa, immense violence in Latin America, an HIV epidemic in Russia, an acute global shortage of pain medication and the propagation of systematic human rights abuses around the world."

End The War On Drugs, Say Nobel Prize-Winning Economists

Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #19262
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
The wonders of forum-speak. I was responding to what you said and just validating what you said.
Well stop confusing me so early!

I just found out the post office will NOT redeliver a package unless you fill out the backside of that little orange notice and tell them to redeliver it.
Prior to that I found out that there was a backside to that little orange notice.

You know... you would think if you were not home one day to sign for something they would bring it back the next, or the next, or the next, but that is not the case. You actually have to tell them to bring it back.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #19263
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'll respond with and raise you one:
Old 05-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #19264
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post

I just found out the post office will NOT redeliver a package unless you fill out the backside of that little orange notice and tell them to redeliver it.
Prior to that I found out that there was a backside to that little orange notice.

You know... you would think if you were not home one day to sign for something they would bring it back the next, or the next, or the next, but that is not the case. You actually have to tell them to bring it back.
Makes those priority mail fees seem like a real bargain!

I'm fuming at them now over a book I bought from a vendor in Vermont. I have been watching the item via USPS Track, it started its journey 4/29 in Brattleboro VT then to White River Junction VT, Jersey City N.J., Warrendale PA, Jacksonville Fl, back to Warrendale PA! It left Warrendale PA on 5/4 and has not updated since, all this fun for only $3.99! The expected delivery day is 5/5
Old 05-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #19265
Chef Extraordinaire

All my stuff goes through Warrendale, too.

I'm going to call a company here shortly and find out what is up with their shipping. I don't have the tracking number on this computer or I would have called already.

They are in Utah and I bought something from them a couple weeks ago. The Fedex tracking showed the package moving for two days, then it stopped. I had an expected delivery of Saturday, but when Saturday came and went they changed the status to N/A. I got it on Wednesday.

Same thing with a new package that had an expected delivery day of Monday, yet it didn't arrive Monday, Tuesday, nor today yet and they always deliver by 9:00.

Their competitor gets stuff to me three days tops. Many times the following day. I wonder if when these things happen they are using satellite stores and not "real" Fedex shippers.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #19266
Honey Badger

My husband had ordered me a bouquet of flowers.
His first order wasn't to his satisfaction for what he had paid for them. That batch came by Fed Ex.

He called the flower co, to tell them that that they even though properly cared for by me. The flowers had died after 3 days.

They sent out another replacement. The same order. It came yesterday by UPS.
I was shocked that UPS had the audacity to open and leave a huge hole in the box of a clearly marked box of flowers. They didn't even tape the top back up. When I put the flowers in the vase they were half the size of the originals. Why did they open up the corner of the box anyways? Did they read the personal card that was inside to? Nosy people!

That's not the first time I've noticed that things I've purchased have been opened and inspected re taped closed. Bet they got a kick out of sewing machine supplies.

Munky.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #19267
Head Chef

Not UPS but FedEx:

Can UPS be far behind? But in all honesty I've had pretty good service by both UPS and FedEx.

One time though I had some flowers delivered by one of the FlowerExpress stores? The gate to our property was locked so of course the guy couldn't get onto the property.

So, what did he do? Left the flowers just outside the gate----- and it was a really hot day! They weren't in very good shape when I got home.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #19268
Honey Badger

The first order came Fed Ex. When I opened the box it was so hot steam was escaping. That's what wiped out the flowers. They never recovered.

Here both UPS and Fed Ex have delivered packages at my door like that. Thrown literally at the door.*THUMP!* Was somebody just having a bad day, or just being lazy?

The woman in the video seemed to have some aggression issues.
SHE was going to toss those boxes first!

Munky.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #19269
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
One of the commenters mentioned the fact that the guy didn't look like a FedEx employee. (No hat, shirt looks like a polo shirt) He might be the guy they are picking up the stuff from. It has to be a pickup, not a a load going out. How would they ever find anything to deliver it?
Old 05-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #19270
Honey Badger

I think I have Dimentia

Woke up today thinking it was Thursday. Didn't bother making hubby's lunch. I was watering the new lawn, he opened the door and asked me if I had forgotten him? Forget you? What?... Uhhhh I have work today.Well shoot it's not even made. Not even breakfast. Managed to make his breakfast, lunch in 20 minutes flat. Luckily when I picked up his uniforms for the wash they hadn't met the washing machine yet. That was a good save!

Today has been one of those days I had while on vacation. I actually stood under a sign that said *warning known rattle snake location* I stood there like a fool looking around for one! DUH!!!!

Did I tell you guys I was mugged by a Wild Mule the next day!!?
True story.The laws looking for that Mule and it's 2 cohorts in crime. We have pics!
These things only happen to me.Must be nap time.

Munky.