"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-10-2014, 01:49 AM   #19311
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Glad to hear you are home, Cara. How is Frank feeling?
Better every day. The broken ribs and sternum are causing less trouble, even though he caught himself a cold. Coughing and sneezing are still not the best, but the rest is fine.
Moving around the flat with the crutches is absolutely no problem, only thing is, he is getting bored.
Today his colleague will stop here and bring his laptop, so he has a bit more than just the iPad ;o)

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:25 AM   #19312
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
They are slipped on as I get out of bed, and slipped off as I get back in. I have never liked going barefoot, even as a kid.
Me either. When I go out on a gurney, I make sure I am wearing my slippers. I hate those socks they give you in the hospital. As a kid, I once stepped on a hornet's nest in the grass while I was running around barefoot. Lesson learned. Although I don't think there is any hornet's nest in my rug.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #19313
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here fuming at The Pirate. I take care of my belongings. I have stuff that they no longer even make replacement parts for.

So I bought a couple of rather large London broil steaks to grind up for hamburger meat. The Pirate who just has to have a hand in everything, wanted to do it for me. So I got out the grinder for my KA. Now when I bought that it only cost me $25.00. And my KA stand mixer cost me $60.00. Today, that food grinder costs $159.00 at Amazon. The Pirate had managed to lose the side nut along with the blade cutter. Fortunately I managed to find them down the drain sitting on top of the disposal blade. I still can't find the side nut.

Of course I will order another one and after it arrives the lost one will show up.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #19314
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm about to head to the grocery store. We need eggs. I also want to get some stuff for Shreddy. I know he likes canned salmon and I want to find out if he likes sardines. He is bored to tears of most cat food. Gotta make his last days as nice as possible.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #19315
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm about to head to the grocery store. We need eggs. I also want to get some stuff for Shreddy. I know he likes canned salmon and I want to find out if he likes sardines. He is bored to tears of most cat food. Gotta make his last days as nice as possible.
More Karma for you!

When one of my Dobies was dying from a heart problem caused by Lyme disease he didn't want to eat. I ground up lamb (his favorite) and fed it to him spoonful by spoonful, crying all the while.

It's the most heartbreaking thing to lose a pet (or a horse or anything you've cared for and loved.)
Old 05-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #19316
Chef Extraordinaire

Cave, thank you so much for the suggestion of making it easier for Shreddy to get into his hammock. He is using the step and easily getting onto the little table/cart and into his hammock.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #19317
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Cave, thank you so much for the suggestion of making it easier for Shreddy to get into his hammock. He is using the step and easily getting onto the little table/cart and into his hammock.
Sweet cakes! What a love.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #19318
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I am sitting here wondering if the recent myriad of snipey posts has something to do with the lack of stimulating cooking discussion threads... or even the lighthearted posts of everyday occurrences. Far too many doom and gloom posts here lately, IMO.
This has to be an all time low for post counts/day.
And before anyone can say it, I will, the weather had broken and everybody is outside now, lol. Yeah, nobody turns a computer on in Spring.
Oh, and I'm watching TV, too.

I'm still here Pac. I have to stay inside because my lilac bushes are blooming. They kill me! I didn't know that until we planted them. Part of the reason there's fewer posts could be because if the error message I was getting all morning. Couldn't bring up any posts. It said that DC knew about it and was working on it. Was anyone else getting it? Was it me? Or DC?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #19319
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
I'm still here Pac. I have to stay inside because my lilac bushes are blooming. They kill me! I didn't know that until we planted them. Part of the reason there's fewer posts could be because if the error message I was getting all morning. Couldn't bring up any posts. It said that DC knew about it and was working on it. Was anyone else getting it? Was it me? Or DC?

Yes, I had trouble getting on yesterday as well. Kept getting an "oops" message, tried both iPads and the phone, as well as going to the regular site. Looks like everything is up and running fine today. Friends also had problems with Facebook yesterday. Must have been something in the water.

Just checked the oh so prolific apple tree blossoms, there's a lot of bee activity. I'm planting my peppers and tomatoes along with my cuke and bean seeds.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #19320
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yup, I got the database error message too. I got it a few days ago as well.