"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #19371
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I went to my daughter's home for an Italian dinner. After we had a long talk about her cancer. She informed me that her memory has been affected to the point that she doesn't remember her childhood. And although the tumor is shrinking, there are little tentacles threads of the tumor that have gone crawling throughout her brain.

I know I have been saying that I always want the full truth. And I sure got it today. Happy Mother's Day. Sure.
I'm so sorry Addie...

Old 05-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #19372
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
It was hanging limp in the crow's mouth. It was so small, hamster size, that I'm sure the crow killed it simply picking it from the nest. The crow dropped it when chased, but came back to pick it up after the rabbit ran off. Then it headed into some trees to eat and flew off with the rest. There was another crow in the trees watching.
Aw...baby bunny.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #19373
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Hydrangeas. I have 4, my current fave is Endless Summer. I also have a monstrosity that was supposed to be Annabelle, but it's something else, and has totally taken over its allotted corner. We hack it to the ground and it keeps coming back.

LOL Maybe I need to quit being so gentle with mine! You "hack" and I "pamper!"
Old 05-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #19374
Executive Chef

Quote:
I went to my daughter's home for an Italian dinner. After we had a long talk about her cancer. She informed me that her memory has been affected to the point that she doesn't remember her childhood. And although the tumor is shrinking, there are little tentacles threads of the tumor that have gone crawling throughout her brain.

I know I have been saying that I always want the full truth. And I sure got it today. Happy Mother's Day. Sure.

It may be hard hearing the full truth, but I think she really needs to tell you this. It's probably better in the long run to know, and to be able to talk to her about it. {{{{Hugs}}}}

My step-children's mother died from Hodgkins disease. When she was sick, she told them not to come to visit her, but to wait until she was better and they could better enjoy their visit. She never got better. They were in their early 20s. I don't know if it was better than they didn't see her sick and their memory of her was of a healthy woman, or if they should have spent some time with her before she passed. Sometimes I think she knew she was dying and didn't want them to see her like that, but her family has never forgiven the kids for not coming. It was a decision between them and their mother.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #19375
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The quick way to find it is by clicking the little box, in the quote, with a chevron/arrow next to the person's name. That will take you back to the original post. I had to do that twice in this case, to get back to where the hydrangeas are mentioned.
This is a post about an old post about hydrangeas. lol

I clicked the box. When I clicked on the first reply (after the first mention of Hydrageas) it took me to a page full of replies with the original message at the top of my screen. Easy peasy AND a good tip, taxy. Later replies, depending on who quoted what don't always go back to the OP (about 'it').

Not that clicking on several boxes is that hard but it would be easier and more understandable if the post just referenced hydrangeas or the original post #.

Now I know a lot about hydrangeas, which I didn't really need to know because I've never planted hydrangeas, but I didn't know I didn't need to know until I knew what 'it' was about! A single word (hydrangeas) or post # would have made it all clear.

Not that I think this will change the way it's done here. Oh, no. My mama didn't raise any dumb children.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #19376
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That was for those of us paying attention to the conversation
back at ya!

And we DO know that everyone here ALWAYS reads ALL the previous posts before commenting, right?
Old 05-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #19377
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
back at ya!

And we DO know that everyone here ALWAYS reads ALL the previous posts before commenting, right?

I was a guilty party in this and I apologize. It happens to me all the time. The first post isn't directed toward me and doesn't interest me enough to pay attention. Then after a few replies, it starts to get interesting and I have to go back and look for the original post and read all the subsequent posts.

Now I want to go out and look closely at my hydrangea to see what it's doing, but I'm still in my nightie!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #19378
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I was a guilty party in this and I apologize. It happens to me all the time. The first post isn't directed toward me and doesn't interest me enough to pay attention. Then after a few replies, it starts to get interesting and I have to go back and look for the original post and read all the subsequent posts.

Now I want to go out and look closely at my hydrangea to see what it's doing, but I'm still in my nightie!
No need to apologize-----please! Enjoy your hydrangea. Your plants won't mind if you're in your nightgown!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #19379
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post

Oh go on! Give the neighbors a thrill!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #19380
Executive Chef

Quote:
Oh go on! Give the neighbors a thrill!

Nooo! I got dressed and went out. One of the old sticks has a couple green buds coming out. There is a lot of green down at the bottom of the plant, so it's still alive, but I don't know if it will get any actual flowers.