What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I seared some blade roast this AM when it was still only 83 degrees out, put it in the crock pot for sandwiches later, which turned out good.
Then picked garlic until I had a blister, looked for band-aids, none in the right size. Then washed the red quilt in the new pool (ha ha) it's only 1 foot deep and the directions on the pool said 'no diving'........shoot, no diving for me.
Put new water in it and started washing the white quilt. It's going to soak overnight. More garlic to string up tonight. It's crazy hot here, I want snow now.

I took the bus to the local walk in clinic. I waited in line for 10-15 minutes. When I got to the front of the line, the receptionist put out a sign that there would be no more walk ins taken until tomorrow at 07h30.

I phoned two other walk in clinics. One was already full up for the day. The one that is further away said to get there by 17h30. It was 16h10. I took a taxi and done by 17h30. The doctor was very nice. He said that my arm (and a groin pain) were inflammations. After asking how my stomach was for medications and being told "cast iron", he gave me a 'script for Voltaren. He had a look at the foot with the tiny, invisible, glass splinter. He couldn't find it. He said to soak my foot in hot water every day and it should come out by itself. If it didn't come out within two weeks, have it looked at again. He said the pain could be from the little flap of skin. Maybe it already came out by itself and it is just that little flap of skin. It doesn't hurt nearly as often as it did.

I didn't feel like trying to cook one handed. I was at the nearby pharmacy and saw the sign, "Jade Palace". I phoned Stirling and asked how he felt about going to Jade Palace for supper. We had a very enjoyable Chinese meal with Tsing Tao. Then, a nice, short walk home.

Had an enjoyable evening in the pool. Dh, the daughter, & the neighbors & their 3 kids all went to the pool together. Great way to cool off. Just got out of the shower & am relaxing in my recliner getting caught up on DC.

Relaxing with a glass of wine.

That Voltaren seems to work. It's been about five hours since I took the first one and my arm is already beginning to hurt less.

Making supplies for tomorrow's cake decorating with our youth group.:)

I think I am going to run out of icing sugar though.....I am glad I gave up eating all the icing and decorating products (fondant, gum paste, etc.) They are all pure sugar. I swear I get a buzz of the powdered sugar as it flies into the air! :wacko:

Relaxing with a glass of wine.

That Voltaren seems to work. It's been about five hours since I took the first one and my arm is already beginning to hurt less.

Glad to hear it helps. Doesn't seem to work on me. But I can't have the wine "chaser" :LOL:

On this Fourth of July holiday here in the States, here is what passes for a news item: a Wisconsinite has carved Mount Rushmore in cheddar cheese. Mr. Lincoln's bushy eyebrows were hardest to do.

He calls it, "My country 'tis of cheese." :LOL:

Ripping tape off Shrek...muahahahahahaha!

That sounds like fun. :LOL::LOL:

I made the potato salad last night. Son #1 was here and took it to my daughter's house for me. I am still in the learning process with my scooter and didn't trust myself transporting it.

Son #3 called me. His wife doesn't have a paddle for her KA and is making frosting. Can she use the whip? Yes. And I told him I have an extra paddle and bowl she can have. So he will be by Friday night to bring me my farm fresh eggs and pick up the paddle and bowl. Over the years I have been collecting extra parts to my KA. Having three bowls is more than enough.

And one more thing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AMERICANS AND NON-AMERICANS. Today is your day. :)

i have to portion out chicken and ribs for the freezer. may make cookies, may not. family all going to hear grandson's band play. i don't dig a two hour wait in the heat for 15 min. of music. getting old. the overcast weather sucks the energy right out of me.

Watching Shrek get thinner...he's lost another few pounds and is down to 200...I'm going to have to slow this up before i have to buy him a complete new wardrobe.

Addie said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AMERICANS AND NON-AMERICANS. Today is your day. :)

Thanks, Addie! It actually is my birthday today. I spent the day with my parents. Took them (& 2 wheelchairs & a walker) to see "Brave" then to Olive Garden for lunch. By the time we got home we were stuffed & ready for a nap. An evening of TV fireworks, a little reading, then I'll be off to bed. Hope everyone stayed cool today (warm for you, Kylie). :grin:

Cindercat said:
Thanks, Addie! It actually is my birthday today. I spent the day with my parents. Took them (& 2 wheelchairs & a walker) to see "Brave" then to Olive Garden for lunch. By the time we got home we were stuffed & ready for a nap. An evening of TV fireworks, a little reading, then I'll be off to bed. Hope everyone stayed cool today (warm for you, Kylie). :grin:

Happy Birthday Cindercat! Bless you for taking good care of the 'rents!

My birthday is in Feb. ;) Teasing you Addie. Its lovely of you to include us in your well wishes.

My favorite thing about today is when our news station show our new citizens taking their oath. So many of them have tears running down their cheeks. I have been to a couple of swearing in ceremonies at Fanueil Hall. It always brings tears to my eyes. They also hold a ceremony on the USS Constitution. (Old Ironsides)

Wasn't July 1st Canada Day? :)

I am cleaning up from my day of teaching.

I had 5 10 - 12 year olds and 2 leaders for cupcake decorating from 1:30 to 3:00, then got cleaned up for my regular students at 3:30. We did roses today and these two young women (going into grade 11) show their teacher up by a mile (and there teacher is grinning from ear to ear). Fondant roses can be tricky the first time and theirs were gorgeous!

Next I will be putting my feet up and watching "Independance Day". Very appropriate for the day! :LOL:

Oh, my house got cleaned for me this morning too so it was a banner day :)

Back
Top Bottom