"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #19391
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
I wish we lived near each other I would give you your very own rhubarb plant. We have been trying to get rid of some, we just can't eat all that our plants produce. I've given 1 away but have another to give away.
Maybe you should ask your neighbor if he would divide his plant.

Thanks Bunny! I have a big division from their rhubarb plant here, but it didn't get prime real estate, and is much slower to grow than theirs. Over the years, I've crammed so many perennials and shrubs in around our property, there is no room for anything else. And our neighbor is such a nice guy that I don't mind helping him out, better than seeing it go to waste! He was very happy to have it go to use.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #19392
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Watching the season finale of "The Blacklist". Intense.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:42 AM   #19393
Master Chef

PF, don't tell my friend Dellie back home how it ends. They lost their cable service tonight with the storms rolling through NE Ohio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am doing a (careful) happy dance! We saw the doctor today and my iron levels are finally starting to go up!...
Glad to hear you're doing better LP. Now to get TB up to speed...
Old 05-13-2014, 03:01 AM   #19394
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Watching the season finale of "The Blacklist". Intense.
We watched it as well. It ended exactly as I guessed from the beginning, but there are still so many plot twists to wait for next season - I love it!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:26 AM   #19395
Chef Extraordinaire

Here it is after four in the morning and I am wide awake. Both my hips were really hurting bad today. So I took two Vicodin. The worked like a charm. I usually only take one. But today's pain called for two. So about five hours later I noticed the pain was starting up again. So I took two more. Now I don't know about other folks, but one pill can send me on a cleaning frenzy. Can you imagine what two has done to me? I have been awake since 10 a.m. yesterday morning. I started to get sleepy a couple of hours ago, but of course as soon as I laid down, I was wide awake. But I have a nice clean kitchen along with the shiny floor. The only thing I didn't get to do that I wanted, was empty the fridge and give it a really good cleaning. Just spill one drop on the glass shelves and it makes the whole machine look like it went through a war. That will be tomorrow's project. Everything out, and all shelves into the sink to be cleaned, dried off and placed back in the fridge.

The last time I asked for a refill on the Vicodin, the NP asked me if I wanted something stronger. Good grief, NO!! Can you imagine what I could accomplish on a stronger drug?

Most folks get sleepy when they take a narcotic. Does anyone here have the same reaction I do. Getting full of energy? This drives me crazy.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #19396
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

While Vicodin/Lortab does not give me lots of energy, it does keep me awake. I tend to not take it when I am on my way to bed. Same with Dilaudid. Haven't found a narcotic yet that will let me sleep. Probably why I don't like taking them, aside from other unpleasant side effects.

Huddled up in a blanket, waking up. Eating cherry scones, Shrek made, and a cup of coffee.

Question: have never had Double Devon Cream before, do you just spread it like butter? (Oh heavens, I think I just heard my cardiologist have an apoplectic fit!)
Old 05-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #19397
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Addie, you must be part cat. Cats go energetically "berzerb" when given opiates.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #19398
Master Chef

I've been wasting time, waiting for the clouds to roll in. I have to wash the ceiling in the sunroom before it gets too warm out there. If I wash it on a sunny day all I end up with is streaks on the glass. Plus, this is a two (or three) day job, what with moving some furniture and reaching up overhead for a few hours. Have to let the old muscles rest between rows.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #19399
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

I'm making rhubarb jam. Will try canning it in the Nesco roaster. I used 2 year expired pectin, hopefully it will set up, otherwise, I'm canning rhubarb sauce...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1400012359.794903.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	21300
Old 05-13-2014, 04:23 PM   #19400
Chef Extraordinaire

I've been putzing around outside today. I've got the back brush hogged and the AC units clear of winter debris and turned on. It feels like August today with all this humidity. I think I'll head out back shortly and do some shooting. Conditions should be right to shoot some one-holers with the .22 I built over winter.