"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #19401
Certified Cake Maniac

Addie, too bad you and I aren't closer, we could keep each other company at night. My hips and shoulders were really bad yesterday and last night and I couldn't get comfortable. I can't really take any more pain medication than I am all ready on, so I rely on creams and relaxation techniques. But when it is really bad none of it helps like last night.

Today I am doing some stuff for our vow renewal ceremony. You can catch up on that thread if you are interested.

I am also hoping to bake some gluten free loaves - zucchini, banana and pumpkin. They are from mixes but you add all the fresh ingredients and are probably better (and easier) than anything I have ever made from scratch!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #19402
Certified Pretend Chef

Just came in from a baseball fielding session with my grandson. It has become evident from watching just three of his ballgames that 7-year olds learn to hit a ball more easily than they learn to field a ball. It's comical to watch them trying to catch a soft ground ball in the infield, and if they do, to remember to throw it to first base. So I dug out my OLD baseball glove and played catch for a bit.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #19403
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just came in from a baseball fielding session with my grandson. It has become evident from watching just three of his ballgames that 7-year olds learn to hit a ball more easily than they learn to field a ball. It's comical to watch them trying to catch a soft ground ball in the infield, and if they do, to remember to throw it to first base. So I dug out my OLD baseball glove and played catch for a bit.
Baseball glove?
I've heard of batting gloves...
Maybe an oven mitt?
Old 05-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #19404
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Baseball glove?
I've heard of batting gloves...
Maybe an oven mitt?
You know, baseball gloves. The Indians misuse them all the time.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #19405
Chef Extraordinaire

I just pulled a loaf of white sandwich bread out of the oven; it's cooling on the counter. I need to go out and move the sprinkler to water my new herbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-13 17.28.31.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	21301  
Old 05-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #19406
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
You know, baseball gloves. The Indians misuse them all the time.
Uh-Ohh. CG isn't going to like that comment...
And with both of you living in Mass, she's liable to walk over to your house and do something about it
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #19407
Master Chef

Meh pac, Andy speaks the truth. And unlike the fans up here, we fans of OH teams are accustomed to not winning. We've never had the chance to feel like we're entitled to winning championships all the time.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #19408
Chef Extraordinaire

I have this wild dream. All in the SAME sports year, one team after another, all four of our professional sports team will win their championship. Along with the Revolutions. (Soccer).

Hey, everyone has to have a dream!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:22 AM   #19409
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm up coughing again and nursing two sore knees. Having a three-hour nap (not intentional) this afternoon didn't help. I am hoping busying myself with guest lists and menus will tire me out.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #19410
Chef Extraordinaire

Okay folks, I know we have been down this road before, but now I am ready to commit. At the end of this month or the very beginning of next I will be ready and able to afford to get me a Roomba vacuum. This is the one I will be getting.

iRobot: Vacuuming Robots: iRobot Roombaź 630

Do any of you lovely folks have this model and if so, comments, pro and con, please. If I wait for a couple of months I could afford a more expensive one. But more costly is not always better. I don't have a pet other than Teddy who visits me every night. And he doesn't shed. I just need a simple machine that vacuums for me. Do you have to tip or stand up on end the Roomba to empty the bin? I am hoping it slides out. Help!!

BTW I finally got my tongs that takes just one hand to open and close and I love it. It is a bit heavier than the standard tong, but I can live with that. I feel like I really have a tool in my hand to work with.