"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #19421
Certified Pretend Chef

She told me a while back that she was not going to do low carb any more and just eat fewer calories. She is now eating more salads for lunches and skipping or cutting back on starches at dinner.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #19422
Everymom

That's got to make life easier on you in the kitchen. I know low carb works for a lot of people, but I just can't do it.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #19423
Certified Pretend Chef

I firmly believe you should lose weight by reducing your intake of calories, and burning more calories. The reverse is why you gain weight. Makes sense and you don't have to give up an entire food group.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #19424
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
She told me a while back that she was not going to do low carb any more and just eat fewer calories. She is now eating more salads for lunches and skipping or cutting back on starches at dinner.
Good for her. She is finding her own way.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #19425
Chef Extraordinaire

I have had a very pleasant day. I put on a two hour You Tube of Mozart and listened to it while I do some pokey stuff around the apartment.

I did manage to get the two small rugs in the bathroom washed today.

I had cut out several of the Cains Mayo coupons. Since those coupons bring the final price down to $.99, I am going to get five jars for the church food bank. I try to spend $10.00 every month. This month they will be getting extra.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #19426
Executive Chef

Need to cut the lawns before the elephants move in. It's needed doing for a fortnight but the weather has been awful. Beautiful sunny day today so I did Horse this morning and came home to attack the grass this afternoon. I got out the mower and extension lead and plugged it all in. Put on my stable boots to protect my toes.....and a thick black cloud appeared and started raining cats and dogs.

(Sigh) Now considering offering safari holidays
Old 05-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #19427
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I firmly believe you should lose weight by reducing your intake of calories, and burning more calories. The reverse is why you gain weight. Makes sense and you don't have to give up an entire food group.
I agree. But there is a pesky hormone called leptin that can cause a problem for some people. Unfortunately the 'experts' haven't agreed on if or when it should be treated----- but it certainly can play havoc in some people.

For now---- less calories. And as much exercise as you can do.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #19428
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm eating a really late lunch. Some Italian potato salad with lots of grilled veggies, sliced poached chicken with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, and some warmed-up leftover baked beans. Need to get my paper written for my writing class tonight.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #19429
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Need to cut the lawns before the elephants move in. It's needed doing for a fortnight but the weather has been awful. Beautiful sunny day today so I did Horse this morning and came home to attack the grass this afternoon. I got out the mower and extension lead and plugged it all in. Put on my stable boots to protect my toes.....and a thick black cloud appeared and started raining cats and dogs.

(Sigh) Now considering offering safari holidays
I thought I saw a couple of zebras on your property along with the wilder beasts. Looks like they are looking for water.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #19430
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Good for her. She is finding her own way.

Either that or the fact that I have been preaching to her for a dozen years.