"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #19451
Certified Pretend Chef

Munky, my sympathies for your loss.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #19452
Executive Chef

So sorry for your loss Munky. :(
{{{{hugs}}}}

Old 05-16-2014, 02:47 AM   #19453
Master Chef

I, too, am sad for you Munky. The warm memories you have of him will get you through the tough days.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #19454
Everymom

Munky, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you prayers of peace and gentle remembrance my friend.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #19455
Everymom

CG, does this link work?
Old 05-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #19456
Master Chef

Yes Alix! Thank you! Everything looks so spring-y and fresh. Nice deck, too.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #19457
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I am recuperating from a trip to Costco. I forgot it would be crowded before the long weekend. The parking lot was a zoo. At least they had all the cashes open, so the lines weren't too long. I only got ~$200 worth of stuff, 'cause I don't want to be dragging more stuff up the stairs from the underground parking. I really, really have to make a habit of going more often for smaller loads.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #19458
Master Chef

Nursing a headache. Maybe I should be nursing a glass of something strong to get rid of the headache.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #19459
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I am recuperating from a trip to Costco. I forgot it would be crowded before the long weekend. The parking lot was a zoo. At least they had all the cashes open, so the lines weren't too long. I only got ~$200 worth of stuff, 'cause I don't want to be dragging more stuff up the stairs from the underground parking. I really, really have to make a habit of going more often for smaller loads.
Is this your way of practicing Masochistic Self Punishment for something you may have done in a past life? Once I went shopping on a Friday which just happened to be the Memorial Day weekend. They had folks stand outside in the freezing rain waiting for someone to come out and get their cart as they unloaded it. Just after I got there, the whole store filled up to capacity and they had to stop letting in customers. They ran out of carriages and had all 32 cash registers open. Never, ever again. I now go at 7 am even if I have to wait a few minutes until they open the doors. A couple of times I have been the only one in the store along with Spike.

Spike and I like to watch the new immigrants shop. When they get to the register, they think they can haggle the prices like they do in their own country. Wouldn't that be fun to do when the lines are nice and long.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #19460
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Okay, I'll be waiting to order my meds on Sunday to pick up on Monday, I forgot it was graduation weekend and Costco will be a real zoo. Not too excited about riding my bike over the weekend, either. The traffic is already nuts.