"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #19611
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I'm just about to start dinner.

I never realized how much you rely on your pinky finger until I cut it today.

At least it won't ruin my passport picture...one of my friends took her kids today to get their pictures with her daughter sporting 4 stitches under one eye from her brother throwing a toy garbage truck at her, and the faint remnants of a black eye on the other side where he punched her the week before. These are normally well behaved 4 and 3 year olds but lately it has been tough because my friend is going through a divorce and the kids don't understand what's happening. Oh, and she had to get the passports done today to have them back in time to go to Disneyland.
Or your thumb. I am waiting for an appointment to have my "trigger thumb" fixed. Fortunately, it is on my right hand, but I really notice I can't bend it when I'm cutting up veggies...poor child to have her passport picture taken now. Fortunately, she will be able to get a new one in a few years.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #19612
Certified Cake Maniac

Hope your thumb is getting better, CW. My stitches come out in a few days and I can't wait.

I am at my half cleaned desk and am trying to get ready to get to work on the other half but it is so beautiful outside I am wanting to get into the garden (but I have to be careful with my finger).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #19613
Master Chef

Just got back from the library. Was very pleased to see there was still over an hour left on the parking meter. I went there to find me a good mystery(which I did) and I never leave without looking at the cookbooks. I found two, one is called THE SODA FOUNTAIN. It says that nostaliga reigns within the pages. The history of the soda fountain comes to life with all their recipes. The other cookbook is called THE B.T.C. OLD-FASHIONED GROCERY COOKBOOK. Locals go to the B.T.C.OLD-FASHIONED GROCERY IN WATER VALLEY, MISSISSIPPI for their wonderful food. I love cookbooks like these, they tell a story, along with great recipes.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #19614
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I just got back from Costco. This isn't a long weekend, but the parking lot was even more packed than on the Friday before the Victoria Day long weekend. At least they had enough cashes going, so the lines were short.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:18 PM   #19615
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm whupped!

Right now I'm sitting on the sofa trying to catch a little rest.

So far today...a trip to and from Nashville, TN (3 hours one way) to keep an appointment with the doctor who replaced my knee last month. Got an A+ from him, which I fully expected because my knee works and feels like new.

Then, after we arrived home, which was about 10:30 this morning, I began the usual Friday laundry and housecleaning chores. Both bathrooms are completely cleaned, floors in those rooms and the kitchen and utility room have been wet mopped, 2 loads of laundry hung out on the line, one in the dryer and, now, all dried laundry has been either folded and dispatched to their appropriate storage places or, in the case of the linens from our bed, have been put back on for us to fall face first onto them tonight.

Glenn's just finished bouncing around on the tractor as he mowed both the front and back yards. No easy task since there are several acres.

The only "must do" left to do is skimming the pool, which should be a pleasure because the cool, relaxing water will feel soooooo good.

Thank heavens we have leftovers for tonight's supper because I don't think I'd have energy to prepare much more than a bowl of cereal.

As Scarlett supposedly said, "Tomorrow's another day!" Amen to that.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #19616
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I got tired just reading that Katie. I'm impressed.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #19617
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I got tired just reading that Katie. I'm impressed.
Me too ... on both counts!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #19618
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just got back from the pool. Had to chuckle, one big brother was "supervising" while his little brother vacuumed the pool, and provided frequent feedback and criticism. I've known these boys since they were babies. I listened while they discussed chlorine and chemicals. They grow up so quickly!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:13 AM   #19619
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm up with insomnia once again.

I have been playing around with my Cricut cutting machine today, making fun labels for binders, a couple of cards and the start of a t-shirt design. It is a really good purchase unlike the Cricut Cake I bought a few years ago and only used once or twice.

I am now working out details for a cake I am doing for next Saturday. It is for a grad banquet with a beach theme so I am making a sand castle cake and a bunch of chocolate "shells". It helps pass the time better than laying in bed staring at the ceiling!

Old 05-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #19620
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Just got back from a lovely wedding and reception. A friend's son married his partner, and a grand time was had by all!

A team of three of us made the 3 different batches of reception punch, to rave reviews! We disregarded the recipe for the last batch and I just threw together what we had left. It was awesome!