"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #19731
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Thanks guys! My grandma would sometimes make it with strawberry jello. I'm thinking that with all the rain we had this year, the rhubarb was pretty juicy. Last year's batch gelled really well with just pectin.

Oh well, the sauce tastes really good!

I'm working on cleaning out the fridge. I finally got rid of some salad dressings and stuff from last year, and had already cooked up the huge ham that was taking up so much space. Now I have places where I can put more stuff!

Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #19732
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm about to order in some Asian food as I am still really sore and can't stand up long enough to make anything (my story and I am sticking to it )

Then I am going to curl up in my recliner, watch the 6pm news followed by Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. After that is pretty much up for grabs. May even go have another nap because the pain medication they gave me yesterday makes me really drowsy.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:46 AM   #19733
Master Chef

Take care, LB. Hope you get a good night's sleep.

As for what I'm doing....catching up on here for a bit, and about ready to head for my recliner as well and try to find a movie.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:58 AM   #19734
Sous Chef

I'm awake too late. I broke a crown on a molar and the dang thing abcessed! I have antibiotics and painkillers, but good grief......this is really annoying! Hard to sleep, so I'm watching Chopped and looking around here.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:24 AM   #19735
Certified Cake Maniac

I am wide awake and in quite a bit of pain. I don't want to take any more narcotic if I don't have to but the Tylenol is not working anymore and neither are my chronic pain techniques. This is acute pain, but my techniques usually work on that as well.

So, I am checking in here and playing a few games. I am hoping I will get sleepy soon, whether I sleep in bed or in my recliner.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #19736
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Supposedly Boss is back today from vacation. It will be nice to slip back into my own work and not worry about keeping him up to date. I had to repair a whole listing for him, because the cut and pasting I was doing was covering other information, not just inserting it. Arrgh...I swear I will never get the hang of Excel.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #19737
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Supposedly Boss is back today from vacation. It will be nice to slip back into my own work and not worry about keeping him up to date. I had to repair a whole listing for him, because the cut and pasting I was doing was covering other information, not just inserting it. Arrgh...I swear I will never get the hang of Excel.
I wish I was there to help you. Excel has to be one of my favorite programs. I would gladly do the whole program for you.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #19738
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I wish I was there to help you. Excel has to be one of my favorite programs. I would gladly do the whole program for you.
Thanks Addie, I did get it all fixed before I left yesterday...but what a mess. I can use it as long as it is set up, but doing dopey things like I did with the cut and paste...oh well. Now I know better. I should have been "copy and insert" not "copy and paste".
Old 06-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #19739
Chef Extraordinaire

When I worked for the church, they had just gotten a new computer. Up to the day I walked through the door, everything was done manually with pencil and paper. I set up the whole program for the financial needs and activities of the church. By the time I was through, all the finance committee had to do on Sunday morning after services was enter the amount of each envelope into the right page and the loose monies into "week collections" on another. Then the whole thing would roll over into the debit/credit for the end of the year report. Each member that had a church envelope had their own page. There were more than 250 pages in the whole program. Took me seven months to set the whole thing up.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #19740
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here next to a small bag of little Milk Bones for Teddy. I should put them away or I might find myself nibbling on them should I get the urge to eat or snack. My neighbor gets them at our local bank just up the street.

« Midnite Oil Cafe | - »