"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #19801
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Attachment 21436

My snake skin. I broke it from hauling it from under the hosta. I'm mailing it to Bakechef.

Well, I think it's cool!
Meanie!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #19802
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post

Meanie!

Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #19803
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
I sympathize with anyone who has a gopher problem in their yard/garden. I'm a self-declared expert about how to deal with gophers, having had property in Gopher Heaven. (The soil had nary a pebble in it, sandy loam--- perfect for growing things and perfect for gophers. )

But although I'm the 'expert' ----- the gophers won, paws down! We tried everything (except lion dung) and they just kept on keeping on. Sorta funny (not really) to see your beautiful plants start to shake and disappear underground in just a couple of minutes.

It got so I would plant about 1/2 again as many veggie plants as I wanted so the gophers could take their share! But of course, that would be the year that they decided not to eat that type of veggie but all the others! $&@%#

So I would have bushels and bushels of peppers and almost no green beans. $@%@W
Booked him Dano!

He was back as expected right down to the time.I was ready.
Noticed that he filled in his hole again.Looked around and saw a freshly opened 2"hole.Waited quietly.2minutes later he stuck his head out.Saw me and ducked back in.That was fine.I had him.Got the hose stuck it in deep into the opened hole and turned the hose on full blast.

It was incredible to see that 6 small areas well away from the original location were filling up with flooding water.It looked like a huge maze.Underground tunneling system.2 of them I was standing right beside at the time.Sure enough he popped out of the last one drenched already half drowned.I WAPPED him good a few times with the hose.

My husband gave me a high five! He's in shock that I actually did that
Sons asked me if I wanted to go to an arcade and play whack a mole.
I told them no.Playing whack a gopher at home was free and more sporting.

Hopefully that's the only one.

Munky.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #19804
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Booked him Dano!

He was back as expected right down to the time.I was ready.
Noticed that he filled in his hole again.Looked around and saw a freshly opened 2"hole.Waited quietly.2minutes later he stuck his head out.Saw me and ducked back in.That was fine.I had him.Got the hose stuck it in deep into the opened hole and turned the hose on full blast.

It was incredible to see that 6 small areas well away from the original location were filling up with flooding water.It looked like a huge maze.Underground tunneling system.2 of them I was standing right beside at the time.Sure enough he popped out of the last one drenched already half drowned.I WAPPED him good a few times with the hose.

My husband gave me a high five! He's in shock that I actually did that
Sons asked me if I wanted to go to an arcade and play whack a mole.
I told them no.Playing whack a gopher at home was free and more sporting.

Hopefully that's the only one.

Munky.
We know someone who needs you to kill a snake or two that is climbing up into their car.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #19805
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
We know someone who needs you to kill a snake or two that is climbing up into their car.
LOL!!!

I read that and was going to chime in. Didn't have the heart to freak Bake Chef out.I like Bake chef. Were best buds and stuff.

Curiosity is getting the best of me though. Have wondered how his new seat belt scarf is working out..Terrible I know...See why I didn't?

B/C don't pull over to txt. They always look for a warm spot.
Just get home fast!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #19806
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I was so on edge this morning it wasn't funny. I'm not a jumpy person usually... I live in a townhouse and my other neighbor on the other side was watering his plants and trees this morning as I was leaving for work, he pulled the hose and I must have jumped 10 feet, he had no idea what had happened last night and when I told him, he had a good laugh! He knows that there is a snake in the area because he found the shed skin, but it doesn't really bother him.

I never thought I'd be this freaked out over a snake...

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #19807
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Lol! That's too bad, BC. Snakes are so cool and very beneficial. Of course, I can't kill spiders either, they're cool too. Hope you haven't burned your car yet.

I sorted through the suitcase that's held together with duct tape and contains our snorkeling gear and travel equipment. Guess it's time to retire it. US baggage handlers are really hard on luggage, I think they purposely drag it over sandpaper and have the Samsonite gorilla stomp on it. When there's more duct tape than suitcase, it's time to go. I have a new one that I'm sure they'll put through the belt sander and gorilla for our next trip.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #19808
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Lol! That's too bad, BC. Snakes are so cool and very beneficial. Of course, I can't kill spiders either, they're cool too. Hope you haven't burned your car yet.

I sorted through the suitcase that's held together with duct tape and contains our snorkeling gear and travel equipment. Guess it's time to retire it. US baggage handlers are really hard on luggage, I think they purposely drag it over sandpaper and have the Samsonite gorilla stomp on it. When there's more duct tape than suitcase, it's time to go. I have a new one that I'm sure they'll put through the belt sander and gorilla for our next trip.
Send it to me, that is the kind of luggage I prefer!

I can spot my old beat up bags on the conveyor without any confusion and I'm reasonably sure that no thief would give them a second look!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #19809
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Send it to me, that is the kind of luggage I prefer!

I can spot my old beat up bags on the conveyor without any confusion and I'm reasonably sure that no thief would give them a second look!

That's what I like too, AB, but the zipper is ripped out and the frame wire is exposed. And when I duct tape it back up, TSA has to rip it open when we go back through Customs and disturbs my duct tape. I told DH that I may try to sew it back up with dental floss, but I'm afraid even that won't be able to save it.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #19810
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I knew someone who wrapped his luggage in cardboard, so it would look ratty to the baggage handlers.