"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-21-2014, 02:42 AM   #19861
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
...It can't hurt as right now I am trying to put the pieces back together that fell apart on Tuesday when my perfect little doxie Zipper died.

I - and my husband - have huge holes in our hearts and lives right now. We did not know he was sick. I'm not sure if it would have made it any better.....
Many hugs to you and your Hubby at your precious Zipper's passing. It's tough to lose a furry friend. Hope that hole in your heart fills quickly with happy memories of Zipper.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #19862
Chef Extraordinaire

I have to jump into the shower. I have a massive infection in both kidneys. Either that or I have strained the muscles supporting my kidneys from so much hard coughing. Oh joy! So much pain. I can see this is going to be a lousy summer. And I still have the tail end of the cold. I am contemplating on calling an ambulance to go into the hospital. If it was just one kidney, it could be treated with oral antibiotics. But when both, IV is called for. An old time doctor who was about 90 at the time taught me a trick that seems to being working for the time being. If I bend over as if I am trying to touch my toes, it loosens up the tubes that run from the kidneys to the urethra. Sometimes something as simple as doing that is all that is needed for immediate relief from the pain. Right now it seems to be working. I figure I should start to feel like it is summer right around December 24th.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #19863
Head Chef

What I'm doing right now: Reading about kidney infections because Addie fears she might have one.

They can be very serious but her thought that maybe coughing so much pulled the muscles around them and caused the pain sounds reasonable.

I'm thinking that if it were me, I'd go to the hospital to get it checked out. But that's just me.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #19864
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
What I'm doing right now: Reading about kidney infections because Addie fears she might have one.

They can be very serious but her thought that maybe coughing so much pulled the muscles around them and caused the pain sounds reasonable.

I'm thinking that if it were me, I'd go to the hospital to get it checked out. But that's just me.
Thanks Cave. Right now the pain has subsided. So I am going to take a 'wait and see' approach. I hate calling the ambulance and going into the hospital. This is the worst time. Almost as bad as going in on a Saturday night when you see them rushing all the gunshot wounds past you. Having worked in hospitals, I know that there is less staff on the weekends. And when it comes to getting tests done, HA! Hurry up and wait.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #19865
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Thanks Cave. Right now the pain has subsided. So I am going to take a 'wait and see' approach. I hate calling the ambulance and going into the hospital. This is the worst time. Almost as bad as going in on a Saturday night when you see them rushing all the gunshot wounds past you. Having worked in hospitals, I know that there is less staff on the weekends. And when it comes to getting tests done, HA! Hurry up and wait.
You start running a high temp, you go...I mean it!
Old 06-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #19866
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You start running a high temp, you go...I mean it!
I hear you. This is not my first bout with my kidneys. It has just been so many years since the last infection. Something like 35 years. At first I didn't recognize the pain. It was when I bent over to pick something up and the pain stopped, then the light went on. Right now I have a quart size glass of water beside me and am drinking that instead of my usual cup of coffee.

When I lived in Tacoma, I had a girlfriend that was on dialysis. She was home run three times a week. Every other week she went into the hospital for a run or unless she had any problems before then. The woman who ran her was moving out of state and she asked me if I would like to do it. So I went for the training and ran her. (The pay was good.) No way do I ever want to go through what she went through. I don't know how she kept her sense of humor through it all. I sure couldn't.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #19867
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I hope you feel better soon Addie, and listen to PF.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #19868
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I hope you feel better soon Addie, and listen to PF.

Thank you. I am feeling so much better. I don't know what the pain was from, but it is completely gone now.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #19869
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Thank you. I am feeling so much better. I don't know what the pain was from, but it is completely gone now.
Glad to hear that but please rest up and watch yourself. If the pain comes back at all, please go see about it.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #19870
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Glad to hear that but please rest up and watch yourself. If the pain comes back at all, please go see about it.
Thank you. If the pain does come back I am definitely going in to the hospital. I just don't get pain like that.