"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #19901
Certified Cake Maniac

Getting ready to leave for a doctor's appointment then doing a quick birthday cake for a dear friend going through a tough time. Later I will head to her place with some sort of takeout to celebrate with her and her two kids!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #19902
Certified Pretend Chef

Just portioned some meats and wrapped them for the deep freeze. Cleared some long-term stuff from the freezer on the fridge to the deep freeze. Now I have to think about cleaning out/defrosting the deep freeze.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #19903
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm elbow deep in the freezer as well, emptying the contents into coolers. The freezer alarm was going off this morning, and while I got the noise to stop, the alarm light's still blinking. The drawer won't shut properly, and there's a build up of ice. The interior light isn't working in the fridge part. Not so sure I'm totally enamoured with the French door, freezer on the bottom style anymore.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #19904
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just portioned some meats and wrapped them for the deep freeze. Cleared some long-term stuff from the freezer on the fridge to the deep freeze. Now I have to think about cleaning out/defrosting the deep freeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I'm elbow deep in the freezer as well, emptying the contents into coolers. The freezer alarm was going off this morning, and while I got the noise to stop, the alarm light's still blinking. The drawer won't shut properly, and there's a build up of ice. The interior light isn't working in the fridge part. Not so sure I'm totally enamoured with the French door, freezer on the bottom style anymore.
You guys are doing exactly what I was doing two days ago.Yesterday to.Organizing every shelf.
Tired yet? Yeah.We know you are.

Today once I finish up my morning tasks.I'm going to hide out in the garage.Lock the door and finally make the time to work on my sewing machine.One day of chilling out won't hurt anyone.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #19905
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Heh. Thought all was well with the freezer drawer. Defrosted. The lights came back on in the fridge, and the alarm light stopped. Wiped it out really well (or so I thought), reloaded it, and went to the pool. Came back, and tried to open the freezer door. It moved the whole fridge, but the dang drawer wouldn't open! I finally had to sit on one of the coolers, put my feet up on the fridge doors, and yank the freezer drawer handle. It finally opened, but the sliding drawers inside the big freezer drawer wouldn't budge. Must have been enough moisture that it froze them stuck. Got one working, no go on the other, so the hair dryer came out. Now I'm checking the dang thing every 5 minutes to make sure the parts that are supposed to move still do.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #19906
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A perfect example of "no good deed goes unpunished", Dawg!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #19907
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
A perfect example of "no good deed goes unpunished", Dawg!

Yep. And the ever-so-helpful DH was making Monday morning quarterbacking comments when he came home.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #19908
Certified Cake Maniac

A day of "nothing going right!"

The Naturopath's office booked only 1/2 hour for TB's test results and not a second half hour for me so I was able to get one little thing in and need to go back Thursday for my time. The Dr. was very apologetic but she had a client right after us and TB couldn't bring me back later so Thursday it is. Oh well, at least I got one issue taken care of!

My friend got some more bad news on her birthday and just really didn't feel like celebrating. Which in a way is good because I had to take a couple of Tylenol with codeine as my rib and leg pain are specially bad today and so I don't want to drive.

So now my take-out idea is gone and I need to find something for supper. But I have lots of veggies and salad makings and a portobella I can grill!

So, it wasn't the day I planned, but it's all good (other than my friend's situation but even she is looking at it in a positive light).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #19909
Master Chef

Just finished packing before heading to bed for a couple of hours. Himself got a call on Tuesday that his aunt in Chicago died. Aunt Ann was in her mid-90s and had lived a very full life. Her funeral Mass and burial will be south of Pittsburgh on Thursday, so we'll leave here about noon today. Since we'll be two hours away from the kids we're on an impromptu vacation back home. If you guys don't hear from me for a week or two just figure I'm still in heaven. ;-)
Old 06-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #19910
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Drive Safe, CG! Miss ya already!