"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #19921
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
So go to bed now and do the things you were going to do to keep awake in the morning instead.
Good idea. Good night!

Old 06-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #19922
Chef Extraordinaire

While it is still cool, I'm off to pick strawberries, then grab some excess rhubarb from a friend, stop at the bank, LCBO for some strawberry wine (if they have any), and then home to continue my experiments with homemade vinegars. I'm going to roast the strawberries and rhubarb and try a batch of each. Might also throw some strawberries in the dehydrator to intensify the flavor (not dehydrate them all the way). We'll see. I also have some cherries to turn into vinegar. About mid August, I plan to create some amazing salads with these vinegars I've been making...can't wait to try maple syrup vinegar and date vinegar using sherry....

Old 06-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #19923
Certified Pretend Chef

We just got back from a day rip to Burlington Vermont. Fantastic farmers market there. We bought some cheeses and wines.

Also did a tasting at a chocolate factory. Life is so hard. Learned a little about flavor elements in chocolate.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #19924
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds like a fun day, Andy!

We just finished dinner and are about to leave to get some frozen yogurt for dessert. It's been a lovely day
Old 07-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #19925
Executive Chef

What are you doing?

Sitting on my deck listening to a live band play every Beach Boy song ever written...... We don't know what's going on, it seems to be at some neighbors a little west of us. The music is good!
Babababarbaraann!!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:22 AM   #19926
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Sitting on my deck listening to a live band play every Beach Boy song ever written...... We don't know what's going on, it seems to be at some neighbors a little west of us. The music is good!
Babababarbaraann!!!!
We have the Beach Boys coming to Boston for the Boston Pops Orch. concert on July 4th on the Esplanade.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:36 AM   #19927
Executive Chef

Nice Addie!

So I figured out what was going on by putting a plea out in Facebook. It was a Corporate Party in a Custom Brokers parking lot in Canada......that's how close I live to the border lol! It was Al Jardine (original Beach Boy) David Marks ( original Beach Boy) and Dean Torrence of "Jan and Dean" they tour with a band they call Surf City Allstars.
It was great, I wish I had known it was happening, I probably could have gotten a birds eye view! No matter though, we could hear it quite well!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 AM   #19928
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Nice Addie!

So I figured out what was going on by putting a plea out in Facebook. It was a Corporate Party in a Custom Brokers parking lot in Canada......that's how close I live to the border lol! It was Al Jardine (original Beach Boy) David Marks ( original Beach Boy) and Dean Torrence of "Jan and Dean" they tour with a band they call Surf City Allstars.
It was great, I wish I had known it was happening, I probably could have gotten a birds eye view! No matter though, we could hear it quite well!
Could you have gone up to the border and watched? Taking a beach chair?
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #19929
Executive Chef

Quote:
Babababarbaraann!!!!

That better than we get. Lately, someone up the street has been playing bagpipes, or maybe just bagpipe music. DH said he feels like he's at a funeral.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #19930
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here doing anything but what I need and should be doing. Working on the grocery list. It is a chore I hate. I am leaving at seven in the morning with Spike to do my monthly trip.

The Pirate has finally developed a conscience. I feed him every time he comes here. And with prices rising, and considering I buy for only one, I had to call it to a halt. Every time he wants to know what I have to eat in the house, I tell him cereal. But no milk. He has decided to give me some money to buy some of the foods he likes.