"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #19951
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I just finished washing the kitchen floor and I'm sweating like a pig. Steve is off flying an Angel Flight mission, so I turned on all the fans and took my shirt off. Sorry about the "mind picture", it's not a pretty sight.

Hmmm. Half naked and glistening with sweat. Let me think about that for a minute.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #19952
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Hmmm. Half naked and glistening with sweat. Let me think about that for a minute.
I think you must be thinking of Trixie, my avatar.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #19953
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
I think you must be thinking of Trixie, my avatar.

Um, yeah. That's it. I was thinking of Trixie.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #19954
Sous Chef

I have a LOAD of wonderful news tonight!

Cat & Company are in Constanta; everyone's fine, and they're gearing up for the wedding on Friday. Cat saw her precious fishing boat, the Catina II, for the first time and when she saw it sitting tall and proud, she dropped to her knees on the dock and bawled her head off, lol!

Did anyone think she wouldn't?

The Moms are worn out, but the kids are enjoying a night on the town. Cat has a horrible Romanian car named Snot there, and the kids are out in THAT -- not Rina's Volvo! Gee whizzzz! But no worries; if one of them slams a door too hard and it falls apart, I'm sure she has cab fare. Stela arrived today in Constanta from Brasov, and Cat said she was doing "remarkably well" and obviously happy to be with all of them.

I hope they'll let her post pics! But don't hold your breath. This family's a lot worse than me when it comes to privacy.

The Hernandez family, whose house in our neighborhood burned, moved into a four-bedroom home. They've lost pretty much everything, so we're all still scrambling to get stuff for them. This home is already furnished, and from what I understand, it's comfortable. They're just happy to be together and out of the hotel. Allstate hasn't decided yet whether to raze the house and start over, or gut it and fix it. I saw the inside yesterday, and there is absolutely nothing left of the garage, kitchen, and livingroom and the rest of it has terrible smoke damage, so I'm guessing razing and rebuilding. The fire had also spread to the attic and roof, and that's never good.

The three terrorist kittens we have holed up in the guestroom are fine, and I had forgotten what kittens can be like. My 5 cats still aren't happy, and poor Lilly the dog is still confused. Wish me luck!

Cat sends her love to all of you, and I hope I'll hear from her tomorrow about how the wedding plans are going. It's going to be a real simple one, but unique!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #19955
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thanks for the update CCL. Next time you talk to her, give her our love.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #19956
Master Chef

I'm so glad to read all the news CCL. You must BEG for pictures of the wedding posted here. All our thoughts will be with them.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #19957
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks CCL...love the updates, tell Cat we love and miss her. I'll be on tenterhooks all day Friday...
Old 07-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #19958
Sous Chef

OH....Friday. I'm already a nervous wreck!

I just can't believe our girl is going to get married. I have seen her grow up and I hate to say this, but dang it, she's a beautiful lady now, and ready to be a wife and a forever mate to Carl.

I remember when she was 16 and she thought boys were the scourge of humanity and the root of all evils.

I did tell her on the phone she fell in love with the scourge of humanity, and she laughed and said, "But Carl is no scourge, yes?"

Who could argue with that?
Old 07-03-2014, 12:17 AM   #19959
Sous Chef

I'll pass your well wishes and thoughts to her. She'll appreciate you all.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:29 AM   #19960
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I just finished washing the kitchen floor and I'm sweating like a pig. Steve is off flying an Angel Flight mission, so I turned on all the fans and took my shirt off. Sorry about the "mind picture", it's not a pretty sight.
Yesterday morning I got out of the shower and was running around with just the large bath towel wrapped around me. It covered me from the arm pits to my ankles. When my kids were really small, I never left my bedroom in the morning until I was fully dressed. Now I live alone and still feel guilty in a bath towel. Old teachings die hard.

Why is it all right to be seen on a public beach in the tiniest bikini, yet a bra and full brief panties are considered to be in poor taste.